General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

V6 to V8?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 02:00 PM
millertime1234

Default V6 to V8?????

I have a 2002 V6 and my friend owns a body shop. They got a 2002 GT that got rear ended. The car only has 10,000 miles on it and its totaled. I'm thinking about taking the motor out of it and putting it in mine. How hard is that? I know the cars are pretty much the same will the motor and trans bolt up or do I have to do some serious mods. I know that I will have to change the rear end but I can take everything out of the totaled mustang. Any input would be great but I need to know if the do it yourselfer can pull this off. Thanks!!
Old 04-18-2005, 03:26 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

Default RE: V6 to V8?????

alright, I suggest you just grab the whole drive train out of the GT while you're at it. Engine+mounts, Tranny+ cross member, driveshaft, and 8.8 rear end. Don't forget the ECU, and the gauge cluster while you're at it. Also, grab the shocks/struts and springs cause your car will be heavier. Get the intake and exhaust, and radiator (if they are different). Try to get as much off the GT as you can.