General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Installing a new headset and stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 12:29 AM
Sergey
1st Gear Member

Default Installing a new headset and stuff...

I bought a 1995 Mustang 3.8
was trying to replace the factory radio with a Panasonic CD/radio receiver, i pooled out the factory radio and hooked up a new one...the problem is that it turns on and thelights come on and everything,BUT there is no sound. I thought that there was something wrong with the wiring,but it can't be cuz the factory radio works!this is my first mustang, so i don't really know much about its sound system,but i know that it's a Mach 460. If you know what the problem is and if you can give me an advice or something i'd appreciate it a lot.

Here's another question: i need to change the radiator cooling fan motor,but i've never done it before,so maybe somebody can tell me how to do it. thanks, Sergey
Old 04-21-2005, 06:59 AM
HAUS
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Installing a new headset and stuff...

with those mach sound systems from ford. you can not just change the head unit. you have to change the whole system. take everything out and pretty much start over with your own stuff. sucks i know.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:49 PM
Sergey
1st Gear Member

but i was told by somebody in Audio Communications store that there is a way to connect the new cd player to the amp and it will work...is it true?
Old 04-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Ebein
1st Gear Member

Try Crutchfield unless your set on a Mach 460 Head Unit, they can tell you what will work and what wont better
than your local Best Buy/Circuit City. Most of the time you can get an adapter but in my case
the adapter was 1/2 the cost of new speakers so I just got the new speakers =).

Old 04-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Sergey
1st Gear Member

today i went to the Audio Communications store to return the harness, but the dude that was in there told me that if i connect together the blue wire and the blue with a stripe and then connect it to the blue wire from my head unit, it will work, so i did, and it works but the sound is not as clear as with the factory radio...