General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tech Problem, please assist!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 03:39 AM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

Default Tech Problem, please assist!!!

Here is the deal. I was driving and the stereo went out. I thought this was a blown fuse. I went to replace the fuse but that one blew as well. As of now the speedometer, odometer, locks, alarm, mirrors and stereo all do not work. It is the 8A fuse by the driver door. I went looking for the leak but am not having luck. I thought it could be the stereo but that was not the case. I got fuses that light up when blown and when I plug it in, a ticking comes from the trunk. I went there to investigate and heard it was coming from the anti theft box. I took it out to try to find the prob but no luck. Any ideas, suggestions, etc. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!!!!
Old 04-30-2005, 11:51 AM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Default RE: Tech Problem, please assist!!!

The ticking sound you here MIGHT be the anti theft box re-initializing when getting power. First thing I would try is a larger fuse to determine if you have a "shorting" problem or if something is not working right and possibly drawing more current than it should be. If you stick a 15 or 20 in there and it blows right away you know you have short somewhere to be looking for. If that holds, then you know you have bad device somewhere - start by disconnecting the devices one at a time and replace the 8A fuse unitl you get a combo that doesn't blow to determine the bad device. This could be tricky with the Speedo and Tack - but those would also be the least suspect I bet. I'd start with the radio (especially if aftermarket or modified), then the anti-theft and so on - maybe a water short in the mirrors?? Its a tedious process indeed [:@]