General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

NEED SOME HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 10:08 AM
saranykm

Default NEED SOME HELP

first and foremost, hello. i recently aquired a mustang,an 05 v6 white, 55k mi, with decent looking stockrims. this is my girlfriends car....she took my car an06 mazda 6s (v6)... as a resultof our first born....we didnt want her in the back of a mustang.
well anyway, back to the subject. the mustang is pretty fun, it has a bullet cat-back sounds pretty beefy for a v6, i recently washed/clayed/waxed it, so its pretty clean. however....there are some things that are wrong, and i need help!!!
1-the gear shifter, sometimes it wont go into reverse it takes a second...why???
2-the gear shifter again...but this time its the black plastic that slides with the shifter broke, exposing whatis under therei can superglue the piece back, since it came appart clean...but i need to get that bezel off...how do i accomplish that? is there a diagram somewhere?
3-guess what....the shifter again... but this time the little red indicator stays in the '3rd' gear position... i need that fixed....
4-no, not the shifter, but the dash. it rattles when at a stop light in idle...what is causing that? the sound comes more from the passenger side, mostly when the a/c is on...
5-lights.....has anybody used the silverstars? if so do you like em on the mustang?

that's pretty much it for right now. i do have some plans for it-basically to not make me miss my mazda...im planing on a 7' touch screen to fill the gap, and maybe a nice little sub for some good clean bass....and, of course, some components....
thanks in advance!