General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I like "ricer" wings.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 10:01 PM
aynjell
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: I like "ricer" wings.

ORIGINAL: MustangMike2001

God no, not like that. I don't like the cobra wing because it IS tall. I want something with about the same foot print as the stock wing, maybe steeda height. I'd honestly go for the steeda wing if I appreciated the stanchions.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:42 PM
haromaster87
2nd Gear Member

Honestly, your prolly not doin anything major enough where your gonna feel the extra downforce. I can understand the style wing you want. It's not even so much a ricer wing, it's just spotted on alot of ricer cars(if that makes sense, lol) When I think ricer wings I think of a wing taller then the the roofline of the car with a bunch of obnoxious bull**** all over it. You just wan't a fairly simple spoiler, but instead of a typical fiberglass spoiler, you wan't one of the fancy aluminum leveled ones. You should check the link fixfalcon left. There was some stuff there that sounds like it's what your looking for.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:08 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

A wing matters as soon as you catch air with it. Is it enough to feel? Probably not, but it is there. The right wing can really change the air flow of the car even as low as highway speeds.

I wouldn't do a wing until I did the suspension - and then get a functional wing that matches that set up. Putting a race oriented wing on a stock suspension will make the front end feel loose.
For your year car, the Steeda race wing, Y2K Cobra R or the Roush would be direct bolt ups and still flow with the body lines of the car.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:12 AM
aynjell
3rd Gear Member

If I go any of the stang specifics it'll be the steeda wing. But I want something with a similar footprint that doesn't cost so damned much. 300$ for a wing I still have to paint?
Old 08-03-2008, 05:08 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Gotta pay to play.
Look for a used one. I've seen them as cheap as $150.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:09 PM
aynjell
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LilRoush

Gotta pay to play.
Look for a used one. I've seen them as cheap as $150.
that's why I want the universal wing, they're so cheap. =)

I don't want a tall one, I just want one that looks good.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:54 PM
kushal_22
1st Gear Member

If you like the "Looks" of a "Ricer" Then what you need to do is go sell yer Stang and Buy a "Ricer".

Malcom
Old 08-05-2008, 09:20 PM
pbMaxLax44
1st Gear Member

Jesus.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:35 PM
aynjell
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kushal_22

If you like the "Looks" of a "Ricer" Then what you need to do is go sell yer Stang and Buy a "Ricer".

Malcom
It wouldn't be rice if I put a cobra R wing on it though, right? Oh wait, those only go on mustangs. Seriously, the hipocracy of you guys:

You say adding a wing to my car is rice, but then turn right around and suggest a Cobra R wing of all the possible options. I actually challenge you guys to find me a wing that's taller than that. I don't want tall, I just like the universal look, lanky stantions, alluminum wing, etc. If you guys don't know of one that goes well with the mustang SN95 new edge, that's fine, just say so. But all the name calling just isn't neccessary.

All that said, I'm agree with you, universal wings look like garbage on most cars, but I'm sure there's one out there that looks clean on an SN95 new edge and I'm determined to find one and put it on my car. My car is going to be built fortrack/street, not the drag strip. Otherwise I'd just get a whaletail.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:13 AM
One Bad MOFO
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aynjell

ORIGINAL: kushal_22

Malcom
It wouldn't be rice if I put a cobra R wing on it though, right? Oh wait, those only go on mustangs. Seriously, the hipocracy of you guys:

You say adding a wing to my car is rice, but then turn right around and suggest a Cobra R wing of all the possible options. I actually challenge you guys to find me a wing that's taller than that. I don't want tall, I just like the universal look, lanky stantions, alluminum wing, etc. If you guys don't know of one that goes well with the mustang SN95 new edge, that's fine, just say so. But all the name calling just isn't neccessary.

All that said, I'm agree with you, universal wings look like garbage on most cars, but I'm sure there's one out there that looks clean on an SN95 new edge and I'm determined to find one and put it on my car. My car is going to be built fortrack/street, not the drag strip. Otherwise I'd just get a whaletail.
its not the fact that the wing is tall that makes it "ricer" I don't consider stock evo, sti, supra, 3000gt, or 2g eclipse wings "ricer" Ricer is the aftermarket (and clearly aftermarket, not stock style) wings that fegs put on their cars that have no performance mods to warrant the need for a wing.
Heres a good one for you Dodge Charger Daytona/Plymouth Roadrunner Superbirds must be huge ricers with the size of their wings huh?

Quick Reply: I like "ricer" wings.