General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

power or no power

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 08:49 PM
rcw77

Default power or no power

Hello, I have a 91 gt. Its a project car. Its pretty much a just a roller no motor yet. Just trying to put it back together. But it has a power door on
drivers side and manual door on the passenger side. I thought about useing power doors but the car had manaul doors from the factory. Just want to
know is it possible use power doors on this car. Or am i getting into a wiring
nightmare. I am a pretty good backyard mechanic and generally i can make anything work. I am a newbi to the fox body mustang and i am sure you guys know more about this car than i do. Any input on this would be greatly apprciated thx.Rob.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

Power window?

Youll of course need a motor and know where to mount it (i have no idea for the windows), youll need the window switch, the switch bezel, the harness and connector, a fuse, more wiring for the fuse box, and probably a couple other pieces. Oh yea, and a new inside door panel unless you dont mind the hole where the crank used to be.

You might be better off buying a complete door already setup for power, itll save time and money imo. You can buy replacement pins/bushings at most auto stores. Make sure you get the correct door as the hatch/notch models had a different side mirror setup from the convertibles. Some 'stangs had power side mirrors and some did not.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:44 AM
rcw77

Default power doors

Well i have a complete door ready to go but the wiring harness coming out of the door has no plug on just bare wires. It looks a little confusing but i think i can figure it out .Just wondering if anyone has done this before. I figure you need a hot wire to drive the motor and the switch just acts like a breaker. Any tips on this project will greatly appreciated thx.Rob