General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Keyless entry help

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 12:11 PM
ss4ever
1st Gear Member

Default Keyless entry help

My brother has a 94 GT vert. His car didn't come with the keyless entry fobs and he bought some off ebay. According to All Data the unit that accepts the keyless entry is in the trunk on the drivers side. His is not there. According to everyone he has talked to all the GTs got the keyless entry option.

Anyone else know where the unit is at on the car?

Thanks,
Randy
Old 05-14-2005, 02:06 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Keyless entry help

I had to buy and extra keyfob for my '02, and was able to program it for my car myself. Not sure if things are the same/different for a '94,, but for mine I just did this:

The ignition key whey turning it clockwise has 3 positions, "on" "run" and "start". So what you do is:

-Turn key "on", then
-flick key from "on" to "run" and back, 8 times fairly quickly.
-after the 8th time stop with the key in "run" position.

If you did it right, at that time the powerlocks will cycle "lock & unlock". Now, just push each button on the remote one at a time to program the buttons. Each button push should make the locks cycle "lock/unlock" to confirm the button is programmed. Do the same for all the buttons on every remote you have.

After your done turn the key Off, and you should be good to go.

Old 05-15-2005, 02:00 PM
billywade

I recently purchased a '96 GT and had a similar problem. I had one key fob and 1 key so I too turned to the net for additional items. Following is the procedure I used to program/re-program my key fobs. It may be different on a '94, but I removed some of the trunk trim (it's a vert) on the drivers side. There is a module there with some wires coming from it. It's not labeled power door or anything like that. The module has two bare copper looking contacts facing upward and kind of looks like something should be plugged in there. I turned the car to the on position. Used a flathead screwdriver to make contact between the two contacts and the door locks cycled. I then pressed a button on my remote (door locks cycled again) then pressed a button on the second remote (door locks cycled once more). The remotes were then programmed. You have to do all the remotes on your vehicle in the same session (up to eight). Meaning you can't program one remote then wait a day and do the other. Hope this works for you. YMMV
Old 05-16-2005, 01:50 PM
pichinco
2nd Gear Member

Dunno about all GT's coming with the module. My '96 GT doesn't have it. I'm pretty sure it was an option and the module isn't there w/o it.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:34 PM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

the module is in my 95 gt (convertible), its in the trunk if you remove the carpet from the driver side right by the wheel well you will see 2 boxes, one black box (keyless module) one white or tan box mounted on a black plastic plate (secruity box)
Old 05-17-2005, 11:03 AM
pichinco
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moocow_v

the module is in my 95 gt (convertible), its in the trunk if you remove the carpet from the driver side right by the wheel well you will see 2 boxes, one black box (keyless module) one white or tan box mounted on a black plastic plate (secruity box)
...and you didn't get a key fob? Hmm...I'll take a look tonight!