General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help with windows fogging constantly

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

Default Need help with windows fogging constantly

Okay, first, I need to say, I just quit smoking (again) and I need to wash the tar and crap off my windows. I'm sure that will make it a bit easier to see out of. lol.

It's getting crappy out and I have a few small leaks in my 15 year old station wagon so water has a tendancy to get in the car anyway, mainly thru the window on the hatch. The d/s and p/s windows are usually fine, and even if they get fogged up, clear up pretty quick. I'm only having a problem with the windshield because it it covered with cigarette crap, but the rest of the windows will fog up and not de-fog. I'm sure washing them with windex will help a bit overall, but I need something more, if it's out there.

Does anyone know of a product that will help eliminate the windows fog? I recently used the pre-packaged rain-x wipes, but they were horrible and left a fog-like film on the windows, defeating the point of using them to keep the windows clear to see thru....
Old 12-25-2008, 07:01 PM
murry
1st Gear Member

Default windows

Originally Posted by Clu7ch
Okay, first, I need to say, I just quit smoking (again) and I need to wash the tar and crap off my windows. I'm sure that will make it a bit easier to see out of. lol.

It's getting crappy out and I have a few small leaks in my 15 year old station wagon so water has a tendancy to get in the car anyway, mainly thru the window on the hatch. The d/s and p/s windows are usually fine, and even if they get fogged up, clear up pretty quick. I'm only having a problem with the windshield because it it covered with cigarette crap, but the rest of the windows will fog up and not de-fog. I'm sure washing them with windex will help a bit overall, but I need something more, if it's out there.

Does anyone know of a product that will help eliminate the windows fog? I recently used the pre-packaged rain-x wipes, but they were horrible and left a fog-like film on the windows, defeating the point of using them to keep the windows clear to see thru....
You have a mustang *wagon*? (heh)

Don't use windex. It leaves a film in my experience. I used "invisible glass" by Stoner. It was pretty good.

Now I use one of those microfiber things on a stick and a spritz of plain water. Better.

Smoking? You might have to clean the things about three times in a row.
Old 12-25-2008, 07:20 PM
my little red 90
2nd Gear Member

Had a girl friend that used to fog up my windshield, side windows, rear window and my brain. I married her. Didn't help. I still don't know what what to do either.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:29 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Eyeglass stores sell stuff you can smear on glasses to keep them from fogging uo,, it works pretty good too. Mabye try some of that on your windshield?
Old 12-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

Yes, Mustang "wagon" as seen here:

Originally Posted by my little red 90
Had a girl friend that used to fog up my windshield, side windows, rear window and my brain. I married her. Didn't help. I still don't know what what to do either.
Yeah, It's not an easy problem to deal with. I mean, the fog helps at some points, but it sucks when I'm actually trying to drive....

Originally Posted by GreyStang
Eyeglass stores sell stuff you can smear on glasses to keep them from fogging uo,, it works pretty good too. Mabye try some of that on your windshield?
eyegalsses < windshield. lol! I have thought about that, was just checking to see if someone made something a little more specific than that.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:18 PM
MegaWatz
2nd Gear Member

Shweet wagon.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:24 PM
Mully24
1st Gear Member

Thats a pretty awesome ride you got there. Try using rain-x anti fog. I use that stuff and it works pretty good.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Try NOT running the heater setting on 'recirculate' (or 'max heat'). If it is not dumped overboard, moisture from your breath will accumulate and make the interior air so humid that the moisture on the windows will not evaporate. It may even add directly to the fogging. Your vent windows either being cracked open slightly or just from having less than perfect sealing are probably what is getting the side glass to clear.

Norm
Old 12-29-2008, 05:37 PM
MegaWatz
2nd Gear Member

dont use Rain-X unless you read and follow every direction. If not, it leaves stuff on your windshield you cant get out.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:48 AM
SeanAndKate
3rd Gear Member

wax works thats all rain-x is just a speciaity wax. wax on wax off.

Quick Reply: Need help with windows fogging constantly