General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help! Driver side window.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 09:10 PM
waate

Default Help! Driver side window.

I had to jump my car today. After I did the driver side window goes up and down just fine but when I get out it drops down about a half inch and when I close the door it DOES NOT go back up. Of course I am outside and have no way to raise it up with switch. Help...
Old 12-28-2008, 09:46 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by waate
I had to jump my car today. After I did the driver side window goes up and down just fine but when I get out it drops down about a half inch and when I close the door it DOES NOT go back up. Of course I am outside and have no way to raise it up with switch. Help...
I assume you are driving an 05+

You are going to have to re-initialize the windows. Its pretty simple. I could describe it, but I'll let you read it straight from Ford. If this doesnt work, then you have to de-initialize the windows before you initialize them (simply have someone pull the negative cable off while you are lowering both windows at the same time)

Initialization

NOTICE: Make sure there are no obstructions present in the window system when carrying out this procedure.

NOTE: The door MUST be closed during this procedure (for convertibles, the top and quarter glass must be in the closed and up position), in order for the door window motor to initialize.

NOTE: The windows must be in the full open position for this procedure to operate correctly.

Press and hold the window control switch in the UP position at the second detent until the window glass stalls into the glass top run for at least 2 seconds.

Once the top run is reached, hold the window control switch in the DOWN position at the second detent until the window glass stalls at the bottom of its travel for at least 2 seconds.

Cycle the window glass an additional 5 times to set the window soft stop for the down position.

Test for correct window operation by carrying one-touch up feature.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:48 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

^^^^ That was me BTW, I forgot to log out of dime's name..

Good luck
Old 12-29-2008, 05:58 PM
waate

Default Thanks

I followed your suggestion. It was very simple and saved me lots of $$.$$ Thanks. I appreciate the help. Happy holidays!!