General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Battery Recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Alexander Robinson

Default Battery Recomendations

I have a fresh 302 with 9.5 mech. compression. Small motorsport cam, I think its like 492 lift and something like 260 duration. Not a big deal. I just want a good battery for the car that wil turn over nice. If I remember right its a msd 6al box and unilite distributor. Currently its a c4 but will be changed soon over to either a aod or a t10. Okay So what battery is a good value and good for a driver and the little extra motor?
Old 04-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Alexander Robinson

Question to tough for this crowed? Nobody have time for question from class 101? I guess I should check other sites.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Alexander Robinson
Question too tough for this crowd? Nobody has time for a question from class 101? I guess I should check other sites.
Fixed that for you. If you're going to get snippy, don't leave yourself so wide open to critique.

You may wish to view your other thread before I go back to my post there.

Norm
Old 04-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

...I never had a problem with a Die-hard Gold!....maybe an Optima Red?
Old 04-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Alexander Robinson

Originally Posted by timspony
...I never had a problem with a Die-hard Gold!....maybe an Optima Red?
Thanks! I appreciate the help.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Alexander Robinson

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
Fixed that for you. If you're going to get snippy, don't leave yourself so wide open to critique.

You may wish to view your other thread before I go back to my post there.

Norm
Hey I deserved that. If you guys spot me the "C" and the "T" I can like spell cat all by myself. I can hold a wrench even if I can't spell it. I can't load the spell check for some reason. Imagine if you will this guy on a first version windows 98 laptop typing with two fingers and his lips moving as he types. Thanks again for helping.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:58 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

So I get a message from the OP to report his own post? Try the search button.....if you dont like what you are reading (or lack thereof) then move on. The answers are out there. The guys in the Classic section would have answered this question quicker. This section does not see as much traffic and reporting your own post? well...that is just wrong IMO....read the forum rules and if you want this moved to a different section I can do that for you if you ask nicely......welcome to the forum
Old 04-07-2009, 05:58 PM
1992bimlx

optima is your best bet in my oppinion
Old 04-07-2009, 08:13 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by 1992bimlx
optima is your best bet in my oppinion
your opinion is flawed... the new optima batteries are garbage, ever since they redesigned them 2 years ago

just get a normal battery with a good warranty, and a high CCA rating
Old 04-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Alexander Robinson

Originally Posted by mygt500
So I get a message from the OP to report his own post? Try the search button.....if you dont like what you are reading (or lack thereof) then move on. The answers are out there. The guys in the Classic section would have answered this question quicker. This section does not see as much traffic and reporting your own post? well...that is just wrong IMO....read the forum rules and if you want this moved to a different section I can do that for you if you ask nicely......welcome to the forum
Again my appologies. I'm not in any way versed as to forum navigating. I truley thought it was a link to the admin. And was sorta asking what do I do to find those answers. I since found the appropriate section in the classic. Again, no disrespect intended, just poor choice. Yeah maybe removing this thread would be best. I appreciate the help.

Quick Reply: Battery Recomendations