General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

v6 vs v8

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 05:59 PM
white_snake
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: v6 vs v8

id say go with the V-8, i had an 03 V6. when i bought it i thought this is the sh*t. could almost keep up with an old school 5.0. but then i saw the 96 cobra for sale and after i took it for a ripe i was like "OMG"this is fast. i have to buy this[8D]
and my insurance didnt really move, i think it went up $5 bucks a month
and sont forget the gas milage difference, not that inmortant, but just remember to to consider it in your budget.
good luck in what ever you do purchase
Old 07-05-2005, 06:52 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

I'm gonna go at this

"the need for speed" = GT / V8

This is my opinion, so quit the bitching if you disagree. Go test drive both, and if you're like me the v6 will feel underpowered. If you want a fast car, then you shouldn't consider the v6 as an option. V6 stangs are not fast cars, they are closer to a commuter car with a little bit of fun mixed in, like a monte carlo or buick. GT's won't blow your mind, but they are faster then 95-99% of the cars on the street. but seriously, a v6 stang is not really a stang (don't get angry, cause it's the turth!). It's the toned down version that Ford created to keep the girls happy. Get a v8, but you need to decide whether you want a stockish new stang or an older 5.0 or 4.6 to mod the **** out of.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:00 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

If you go with a V8 and you modify the sh*t out of it please respect and understand what the car will be capable of. I might be jumping to conclusuions but a 17yr old the drives a Land Rover and has $17,000 to spend usually means Mommy and Daddy will keep giving you money to wrap cars around trees that the rest of us have to work our butts of to afford. Sorry if I'm wrong but most 17yr olds don't drive Land Rovers and have 17grand.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:11 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

quit being a bitch and give the kid advice. don't nag like your his mommy. jealous SOB. why do people have to bitch when a young kid is asking for advice. Just cause his parents have a better life than you, you don't gotta bitch about it. go get more education instead. Mustangs are meant for young *** kids that wanna drive fast and have fun, that's why they're cheaper than eveything else. You act like he's done something wrong and should not be allowed to let his parents buy him a car. ***.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:05 PM
03GTType
5th Gear Member

Heres another deal I came across over on your side of the U.S. he want 7,800. for it. I know he will take less..

Hey guys I have a white 2000 gt,5spd,all pwr,tint,flip face cd,int very clean. Car is lowered, aftermarket chrome 17's that look like cobra r's,also has full size 17" cobra r spare. H-pipe, flowmasters, pro 5.0, c&l, 4.10's, frame ties, fresh brake job in all 4 corners. Car runs and sounds awesome,also may need a p/s window motor or switch.Car reads 93k but not sure because of the gear swap.This car runs runs strong,other than the minor spots on p/s side the car is in great shape,and is located in southern ohio,clean title in hand. Come get it.