General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

1995 ford mustang question

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 06:37 PM
bruinator

Default 1995 ford mustang question

My friend's driver's side door power window fails to power up or down. How do we troubleshoot what is causing this problem? Also, when we have to take off the inner door panel, where are all the hidden screws and clips located so we don't break anything?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thx
Old 09-24-2009, 07:36 PM
ryan1994mustang
4th Gear Member

you will have to pop out the door bezel that has the switches in it (disconnect those wires) and there will be 2 screws behind that, they need to come out. then there is one push plug on the front side and the bottom and comes out. from there you just have to lift up on the panel and it will pop out.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:16 PM
bruinator

Originally Posted by ryan1994mustang
you will have to pop out the door bezel that has the switches in it (disconnect those wires) and there will be 2 screws behind that, they need to come out. then there is one push plug on the front side and the bottom and comes out. from there you just have to lift up on the panel and it will pop out.
Thanks for the info on that. Any ideas where all the screws are located on the door panel to get it off? Appreciate the help.

thx
Old 09-25-2009, 04:45 PM
ryan1994mustang
4th Gear Member

when you pop out the door bezel, the will be in that opening. the bezel is just held in by some push clip thing. you will want to carefully pry up the back part of it, where it meets the elbow rest. then when that comes out here is a what you will see. where the two holes are in the leather is where the 2 screws are going to be.

after that there is the push plug in the front at the bottom (in the door hinge area). then you will just need to lift up and wiggle around the door handle.

Last edited by ryan1994mustang; 09-25-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:01 PM
bruinator

Ryan, This is the part I am talking about taking off

Is that the part that you call the bezel or is the bezel something below it? Sorry if I am using the wrong words.

The part in my picture, if you look at the top of it, it shows some sort of clip that will hold the part in place. If I look at your pic at the top, I see a hole which I believe my clip will go into. Is what I am explaining correct? Plz let me know.

I really appreciate your help.

thx
Old 09-25-2009, 06:23 PM
bruinator

I found this http://www.mustangevolution.com/articles/20073/ If I follow that, will I be OK with it's direction? Plz let me know.

thx
Old 09-25-2009, 06:37 PM
ryan1994mustang
4th Gear Member

yes, that is the bezel. on the bottom part( right behind the cup thing) there is a push in clip that goes into the slot. the tab at the top just holds it in place, it doesnt really clip into it. the clip at the bottom is going to be the hardest part to get out. but that link is right, the 99-04 door panels are exactly the same as the 94-98 panels.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:19 PM
bruinator

There are 2 switches on the drivers side door, 1 for left side window and 1 for right side window. The switch for the left side window does not work. The other switch works fine for the right side window. The passenger's side switch does not work either (forgot about that).

Would that mean it is most likely a bad switch? Or a loose connection? Is there a separate switch for both windows?

Thx for all your help Ryan.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:30 PM
ryan1994mustang
4th Gear Member

if both switches stopped working at the same time, then it sounds like a window motor problem. does it sound like the window motor is working when you press the switch? if not then i would check the it and make sure that you are getting power to it. if not then you probably have a problem somewhere between the switch and the motor. if you hear the motor working when you press the switch but the window doesn't move then you have a bad motor. not sure if the front ones are the same on the inside as the rear ones on the verts, but they have 3 little plastic bushings in them that like to go bad over time and cause the motor to not work properly. i have had bad window issues on my 94, replaced 3 motors and the drivers side switch panel.

Last edited by ryan1994mustang; 09-25-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:12 PM
bruinator

The passengers side power switch stopped working a while back but the drivers side for passengers window works fine. The drivers side window just stopped working the other day. I doubt it is the motor because it opens the passengers window from the drivers side.

Are there relays involved? What do you think it could be?

thx

Quick Reply: 1995 ford mustang question