MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Tech (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech-6/)
-   -   Ford and Leasing (https://mustangforums.com/forum/general-tech/593289-ford-and-leasing.html)

Driver72 04-03-2010 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sam I am (Post 6922164)
I love my job, I've been in the business for over 15 years, and I have a great attitude. I think yours sucks, personally. Need I remind you how you've insulted the intelligence of everyone here who didn't lease a car? Many of us modify or personalize our cars beyond what is allowable for a lease, or drive too many miles.
Perhaps you should come down off your high horse, and not take everything so seriously.
If you hadn't have come off like such a d!ck, I would have been more than happy to give you an honest answer to your question. I didn't get to my position by lying to people.
Thanks, have a great Easter.
:)

OK, I know I said I was going to move on, but I felt I need to answer this.
Sam, I was just fin with you a bit man. I am not questioning the love of your job or your trustworthiness. I was just pullin on your chain.
Do you really think I lease every one of my cars?
I wasn't insulting anybodies intelligence. I was jabbing back at you and those who implied I was an idiot for leasing.
Sure there are some benefits to owning a car, but your response of "driving too many miles" is not one of them.
Do you think driving high miles on a car you own comes for free?
The more miles you put on a car you own, the less it's worth, the faster it's out of warranty.
You can "buy" extra miles on a lease car for often .10-12 a mile (sometimes less), which is FAR less than what it costs you per mile when you own the car.

As for mods, I mod my leased cars too. It makes no difference in that regard. You just take the mods off and sell them before you turn the car back in. In that regard, it's zero difference than if you own.

No lease that I've said does not say you are not "allowed" to modify or personalize the car as you put it. In some cases, you just need to return it to stock upon turning it in. Other mods, personalization, etc they do not care about. Only if it devalues the car.

The other beauty of a lease is minor damage. Leases allow some minor damage (door dings up to the size of a quarter), rock chips, minor scratches, etc).
When you own a car, those COST you in resale. People will talk you down for that damage. In a lease, you just turn it in and it's not your worry, issue or cost.

But again, chill bro. I have owned over 2 dozen cars, and have leased probably 10-12.
My point was simple, I wanted to know how Ford was with their leases, I was not asking people to say I was stupid for leasing. Not only was that pointless of them to say, it showed they do not have a full grasp of the benefits of leasing.

Have a good Easter too.

Originally Posted by Snakebite64 (Post 6922176)
Why would you commit to a 3 year lease if you bore within a year? Just asking!

Cars are like women for me, I like a good variety. And my wife understands in both circumstances. :D ;)

Snakebite64 04-04-2010 12:24 AM

Why not a one year lease would be my question!

Sam I am 04-04-2010 02:37 AM

I never doubted your initial reasons for posting, sir. I took offense to your bashing of folks who don't lease. I've had more cars than I can count, literally, in my 40 years on this planet. It is quite difficult to take a cam/heads setup, gears, or stroker motor and a Spec stage 3 clutch out of a car, just for the sake of leasing it. Re-read your initial posts, where you bag on those who don't lease, and see if you don't sound a bit d!ck-ish.
It's ok to admit you are wrong once in a while. It's what separates the men from the boys.
:D

HorsePower99 04-04-2010 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Driver72 (Post 6922248)
My point was simple, I wanted to know how Ford was with their leases, I was not asking people to say I was stupid for leasing. Not only was that pointless of them to say, it showed they do not have a full grasp of the benefits of leasing.

I think most people's main problem with you was that you acted like everyone else here is a bunch of idiots and like no one that works for Ford(and it seems to me so far like a pretty decent amount of people on here, including me, do) can be trusted and then kinda that their lives pretty much suck and that it sucks to work at a dealership... Which was kinda weird.

Driver72 04-06-2010 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by Snakebite64 (Post 6922335)
Why not a one year lease would be my question!

Cuz in a one year lease you are paying for the year with the biggest depreciation. They'd nab you for say $900 a month on a $50,000 car
With a 3 year lease, you'd pay maybe $600 a month.
You'd save the $300 a month (or say $3600 in that year).

With cars manufacturers that allow you to get out of the lease early with only a $500 lease transfer fee, you'd pay $3,100 less for that car during that 12 month period.
In that same 12 month period, if you bought that car, you'd pay the $850 a month payment for 12 months, plus the 8-9% sales tax on the complete $50,000 and then take the hit in depreciation when you went to sell it too.
That's getting bent over.

The way to get to drive the newest cars for the least amount of money is to lease. Sure, you will always have a car payment, but I'd hate to be making a $800 a month car payment on a 4 year old car with 60,000 miles on it. Only for a year later to pay it off, but have no warranty and then the thing break down and need $3,000+ in repairs, or to be sick of it then and want to sell the car and get a new car all over again anyway (which is what an awful lot of people end up doing shortly after paying off their cars).

I like driving newer, nicer, warrantied cars that I don't have to worry about. Yes it means endless payments, but in order to drive newer cars all the time, that's what you pay for.
Works for some, not for others.

Driver72 04-06-2010 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by HorsePower99 (Post 6922449)
I think most people's main problem with you was that you acted like everyone else here is a bunch of idiots and like no one that works for Ford(and it seems to me so far like a pretty decent amount of people on here, including me, do) can be trusted and then kinda that their lives pretty much suck and that it sucks to work at a dealership... Which was kinda weird.

Re-read the posts.
Lucky13 says, "only an idiot would lease a car."
Then YOU say, "I agree with 13 completely all around."
Sam's first post was proclaiming I had a "sh*tty attitude" but he says nothing about you guys saying I'm an idiot and "it's stupid to lease."
Funny how he said I had the "sh*tty" attitude when I was just responding you your guys attacks of my intelligence.

It's you guys who called me an idiot for leasing first.
I responded to your attacks on my intelligence and reasons for leasing.
I did not ask for responses to attack my reasoning, but that's what I got first, I responded that for many it's the best/smartest way to go.
I continued to get attack responses, so I step up the game a bit in my responses.
Don't blame me for sounding like a d**k. I was just responding to your guys dic*ish responses.

Driver72 04-06-2010 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Sam I am (Post 6922446)
I never doubted your initial reasons for posting, sir. I took offense to your bashing of folks who don't lease.

But you were OK with them bashing us folks first who like to lease. Hmm, slanted logic, but ok.

Originally Posted by Sam I am (Post 6922446)
It's ok to admit you are wrong once in a while. It's what separates the men from the boys.
:D

I do, when I am. :D
You?

ChalknCover 04-06-2010 08:38 AM

I see both sides to leasing. Like 72 says, you make a purchase payment, because really, who has $50k for the new SHO just laying around, and after your 60months is up, you just finished paying it off, and now what is it worth? Or maybe you did have all that money in a sock drawer, same question, after one year, how much is it worth? I would never purchase a new car, just buy it when 72 gets bored of it one or two years later and it is sitting in the dealers used car lot. however, my mama always said, "don't buy what you can't afford", and with leasing, this seems to be the case for a lot of people. They get buried in a monthly payment with a 3 year contract, when they can't afford the car and sometimes the payments in the first place. I deal with this a lot in my line of work. I am a collision estimator, so a vehicle comes in, it is 4 years old, hit hard, and the person is begging me not to total it (not that i have a choice, md law is md law) because they are still stuck in a payment. I really laugh when people tell me they owe $10k on a car that is only worth $7k now. Who got raped? They did. And then they get upset because I ask, "well why did you not have gap insurance?" Would you like to know how many of these folks have no idea what gap insurance is? that would be like renting a home without renters insurance. In the event something terrible happens make sure your covered. So, like I said, I do see both sides. But I don't know anything about Fords lease program, so can't help you there.

Driver72 04-06-2010 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by BlueBloodedPony (Post 6927092)
I see both sides to leasing. Like 72 says, you make a purchase payment, because really, who has $50k for the new SHO just laying around, and after your 60months is up, you just finished paying it off, and now what is it worth? Or maybe you did have all that money in a sock drawer, same question, after one year, how much is it worth? I would never purchase a new car, just buy it when 72 gets bored of it one or two years later and it is sitting in the dealers used car lot. however, my mama always said, "don't buy what you can't afford", and with leasing, this seems to be the case for a lot of people. They get buried in a monthly payment with a 3 year contract, when they can't afford the car and sometimes the payments in the first place. I deal with this a lot in my line of work. I am a collision estimator, so a vehicle comes in, it is 4 years old, hit hard, and the person is begging me not to total it (not that i have a choice, md law is md law) because they are still stuck in a payment. I really laugh when people tell me they owe $10k on a car that is only worth $7k now. Who got raped? They did. And then they get upset because I ask, "well why did you not have gap insurance?" Would you like to know how many of these folks have no idea what gap insurance is? that would be like renting a home without renters insurance. In the event something terrible happens make sure your covered. So, like I said, I do see both sides. But I don't know anything about Fords lease program, so can't help you there.

Thanks BlueBlood, good points.
AND, your points reminded me of another reason I lease.
ACCIDENTS!!
When you lease a car, you really don't give a crap if it gets damaged and needs to get fixed. You have it fixed and that's it.
When you own the car, if it gets significant damage to it, you CARE about it because it's yours.
And we all know after sizeable damage the car is NEVER the same. If you try to sell the car that you own after sizeable damage and repair, it's pretty worthless, you take more of a beating.
Lease car, you hand them the keys and say, "have a nice day."
But I'm an idiot for leasing. :D ;)

Cusp 04-06-2010 11:19 AM

From the lenders POV what is a lease? They figure out that the depreciation most likely will be and the interest on the "loan" they hold at the end of the lease. What the lessee pays for is that depreciation and interest on that loan. Where you get took is on that interest rate because its often way higher than what you may have been able to get the loan out right. At the end of the lease you turn your car in. Hopefully under the mileage quota. If its over you get hit with a per mile charge which could be in the thousands of dollars. But if you turn the car back in under the quota, there is no consideration in your favor. Sounds fair to me. Does it to you?

If you buy outright, once your car is paid off you have a car to drive for years with no payment. I buy because I keep my cars until they start to become maintenance problems. Kept my last car for 11 years. Had it paid off in 3, so for 8 years I had no car payment. If I lease, the payments never cease and I have to pay attention to the miles I put on the car.