General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Ford and Leasing

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 02:33 AM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Default Ford and Leasing

Many of my past cars I have leased and though I considered getting a 2010 GT500, they would not lease me the car (with the 2011 GT500 coming with more power and 100 lbs less I'm glad I didn't anyway).

However, I would love to lease the new 2011 Mustang GT with the 5.0
I've owned 3 F-Body 5.0's (ok really 4.9's) all 3 late 80's versions, but they were new when I had them.
I'd love to have another soon.

I read a month or so ago Ford advertising leases on 2010 Mustang GT's.

So how's leasing with Ford?
Any issues?

How is Ford if you want to GET OUT of the lease? Is that an easy proposition?
For instance, with my BMW's, it's cake.
Just find someone who is willing to take over your payments.
BMW runs a credit check on them, if BMW approves them, they send out some paperwork, you sign it, they sign it, and once notorized and sent back to BMW, it's a done deal.
Guy comes over picks up the car from you and takes over your lease payments.
You are no longer responsible for the car, your name is no longer on the lease, period.

Is Ford like this? Or do they not allow you to get out of your leases and keep your name attached to the car for the entire lease period regardless?

Thanks for your help.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

To be honest I dont know. The best way is to walk down to your local Ford and ask the questions to them. They work there so they should know the RIGHT answers as apposed to us guessing...

Matthew
Old 03-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
To be honest I dont know. The best way is to walk down to your local Ford and ask the questions to them. They work there so they should know the RIGHT answers as apposed to us guessing...

Matthew

Well I wasn't hoping anybody would be guessing in their response.
I was hoping somebody who has leased recently through Ford who may of had somebody take over their lease could answer my question.

I avoid the dealers pretty much at all costs.
Even the finance guys are on commission so you can NEVER trust them to give you a fully truthful answer, as they want to "sell" you the car (and many other things) too.

I could call Ford finance themselves, but again, was hoping to get a first hand experience response from somebody outside of a Ford employee.

Thanks
Old 03-28-2010, 06:55 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

no experience with leasing from ford but after seeing the deal my g/f got when leasing her toyota and the deal my buddy's dad got when he leased a crystler, you better go to the dealership with the biggest bottle of **** lube you can find because when you lease a car, you get raped by a 20" d*ck. only an idiot would lease a car
Old 03-30-2010, 01:31 AM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by luckythirteen13
no experience with leasing from ford but after seeing the deal my g/f got when leasing her toyota and the deal my buddy's dad got when he leased a crystler, you better go to the dealership with the biggest bottle of **** lube you can find because when you lease a car, you get raped by a 20" d*ck. only an idiot would lease a car
Umm, I've leased several cars.
Most cars these days are leased.
There is a great financial reason (taxes deductions) for leasing.
Look into it before making inexperienced comments like you did above.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:20 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

lol, i bet you own a time share too

the couple hundred a year saved in taxes cant justify the fact that after your lease is up you have nothing to show for it. yet after paying off my truck i can drive it for 10 years and its resale will still be way higher then the tax cuts you got while leasing.

so with that said, i will continue giving advice based on experience and common sense so please look into before making incompetent comments like above
Old 04-01-2010, 09:50 AM
capri man
1st Gear Member

"Most cars these days are leased." WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!
"There is a great financial reason (taxes deductions) for leasing." WRONG!!!
if you put in your businesses name i somewhat agree. but as an individual deductions for lease payments went away in the mid 80s!!
Old 04-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Driver72
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by luckythirteen13
lol, i bet you own a time share too

the couple hundred a year saved in taxes cant justify the fact that after your lease is up you have nothing to show for it. yet after paying off my truck i can drive it for 10 years and its resale will still be way higher then the tax cuts you got while leasing.

so with that said, i will continue giving advice based on experience and common sense so please look into before making incompetent comments like above

You guys are missing the point completely.
Go to a BMW dealership, a Mercedes dealership, or any other mid to higher end car dealership and ask them what most of their "sales" are leases or purchases. When I lease both my 335i's, the finance guy told me as of a couple years ago that 60% of their car "sales" were leases. I was told a similiar % back in 2005 when we leased our Infiniti.
Sure nobody leases Kia's or Ford Focus, but owners of lower end cars (under $30k) don't have the knowledge of most owners of mid to higher end cars have, otherwise, well they'd have better jobs, better incomes, better cars and most likely be leasing.

Oh and who the heck wants to drive the same car for more than 3 years anyway.
Maybe you should save your ignorant commentary until you understand the benefits of leasing in full.

Ask a few million home "owners" these days how the benefits of ownership has worked out for them.
As a home owner myself (a person who knows how much money it costs to OWN a home....property taxes, interest rates, upkeep, etc) and a business owner and a guy who understands the benefits of leasing/renting in certain occasions and buying in others, your comments are just funny and ignorant.

Again, if you don't or can't answer the questions in the OP, save your typing time for another thread, thanks.

Last edited by Driver72; 04-02-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:24 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

they probably just told you that cause they were trying to get you to lease the car LOL

seriously tho, all joking aside, as far as customer service will be, im sure itll be just as good as any other dealer. Ford, just like all others is fighting to earn/keep your business and will do what it takes to do so. as far as the deal youll get goes, like stated above, you need to go to the dealer and ask. the reason for this is because we dont know where you live or how the economy has been hit there. if the dealer in your area is struggling for business your going to get a much better deal then if you went to a dealer thats thriving. i can say that if you go in there with confidence and dont easily back down, your going to get the best deal possible.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:03 AM
HorsePower99
1st Gear Member

Agreed with 13 completely all around on leases. I think it's stupid and I doubt that's anywhere near true about more leases than sales. I've been working at a Ford dealer for about a year and I've never heard ANYTHING about anyone leasing anything, but you're always hearing about selling things. And that really kills your argument about the high end cars because when one of them goes everybody always hears about it and they're never leased. Shelby, Taurus SHO, King Ranch, Harley Davidson, they're always bought not leased.

Anyway though, just go to the dealer to ask about it. Yea, they're salesmen, but that doesn't mean they're gonna straight up lie to you. Just ask them what happens if you decide you want out of your lease and anything else you want to know, they'll let you know how it works with Ford.

Quick Reply: Ford and Leasing