General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stash box in the mustang

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 01:26 PM
noroofonthecoupe
Gimme a cupcake & a pat on the head

Default Stash box in the mustang

Wanted to make a stash box in the mustang, anyone have one or have any ideas on how to put one together. I'd like it to be discret and hard to find but easy to access....any thoughts guys?
Old 04-22-2010, 03:49 PM
v braaten
1st Gear Member

Under your dead-pedal.
Old 04-24-2010, 12:26 PM
noroofonthecoupe

good freakin call my friend!
Old 04-24-2010, 02:07 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Yea, 'cause a cop would NEVER think of looking there.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:49 PM
noroofonthecoupe

I've been in a couple car searches in my day and have never seen a cop search under a dead peddle. Maybe like DEA or something but I doubt a cop would think to look under that.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:12 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Be smart, leave your stuff at home. Not worth losing your car... If you go round and round with a cop who knows you're stoned (I assume thats what we're talking about?) and he has to bring a K-9 and finds your little stash spot, most likely he's gonna be a ***** and take your car. Assuming they have that law where you live..I dunno.

I always say (well not anymore..when I was younger) don't carry more than you can quickly eat.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:25 PM
noroofonthecoupe

I wasn't talking about pot or drugs in general for that matter. I was thinking more for money or something along those lines. I go to the city for the nightlife a lot and I wouldn't want someone to steal money or something that's in an obvious compartment. and FYI cops don't only seize vehicles (for drugs) if they can prove that you are using the vehicle to traffic or distribute. They generally won't seize you're car if you have stuff in there for personal use. I won't get into how I know but lets just say I know.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:43 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by noroofonthecoupe
I wasn't talking about pot or drugs in general for that matter. I was thinking more for money or something along those lines. I go to the city for the nightlife a lot and I wouldn't want someone to steal money or something that's in an obvious compartment. and FYI cops don't only seize vehicles (for drugs) if they can prove that you are using the vehicle to traffic or distribute. They generally won't seize you're car if you have stuff in there for personal use. I won't get into how I know but lets just say I know.
Oh, well the whole cops finding it conversation had me thinking thats what you meant. Not a whole lotta cops on the lookout for money lol. Well....then again...
Old 04-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MOOK3456
Be smart, leave your stuff at home. Not worth losing your car... If you go round and round with a cop who knows you're stoned (I assume thats what we're talking about?) and he has to bring a K-9 and finds your little stash spot, most likely he's gonna be a ***** and take your car. Assuming they have that law where you live..I dunno.

I always say (well not anymore..when I was younger) don't carry more than you can quickly eat.
This. I've somewhat learned the hard way with run-in and close calls. It's really not worth it
But... the s197's have some pretty good spots, if you pop out the vents, take off the map light, where the cup holder lifts up, or the part that opens to the left of the aux jack etc.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Choppa
3rd Gear Member

if you have a manual i always thought of hiding stuff under the shifter bezel its easy to pop in and out and there is quite a bit of room underneath there

Quick Reply: Stash box in the mustang