General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

NOOB question

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 08:09 PM
thaswhusup

Question NOOB question

I have a 10' GT and want to add SLP LT headers with a catted X-pipe. On american muscle it says that the headers are for off road use only. Does this mean that the car will fail an emissions test with these installed? I live in Nevada where we have to test for emissions. Is there anyway to use this application and still be "legal"?

I already have the SLP loudmouths and want to get more out of my exhaust. I'm new to the mustang world. This is the first car I've owned that I actually want to MOD so I need help with simple chit like this.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:52 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Yes No
Old 07-09-2010, 10:57 PM
Shotgun Love
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by GreyStang
Yes No
what he said. long tubes move the cats back which make them illegal. that being said some people like to risk it anyways and bribe someone to pass you on the inspection.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Yes, you will fail inspection, no doubt about that. If you decide to get the LT's, I would reccommend that you keep you stock exhuast, just in case you can't find a "good ol boy" inspection station..
Old 07-10-2010, 12:52 AM
Bladerunner
2nd Gear Member

Lightbulb

Yes,you will fail the emissions testing in Nevada horribly with a O/R mid pipe.
Unless you know someone that will pass you than get a catted mid pipe.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:11 PM
thaswhusup

thanks for the replies, that's what I figured but I really want to risk it because I want my car to sound like a beast. After a lot of work I want my car to sound very similar to this. I get half a chubby everytime at the 1:10 mark of this clip.

HTML Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EycZSXb1ag
Old 07-12-2010, 01:41 AM
richmondwrecker08
1st Gear Member

i know i used to have a friend who would pass me here in texas......then the state started making the shops sign into some BS computer program that instantly sends the emission results to the state, so it has deterred a lot of friendly passing of the emissions. so you might want to check on that too, it happened pretty recently here like 2 months ago.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:38 PM
vadersaysno

Originally Posted by richmondwrecker08
i know i used to have a friend who would pass me here in texas......then the state started making the shops sign into some BS computer program that instantly sends the emission results to the state, so it has deterred a lot of friendly passing of the emissions. so you might want to check on that too, it happened pretty recently here like 2 months ago.
They do emissions through the computer in Virginia too. It seems like a bunch of states are starting to change over to this set-up.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:09 PM
ryon

Now you could do all this and once your emissions test is coming up, swap it out and go pass, then reswap
Or find someone that doesnt care test you
Old 07-14-2010, 09:14 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

i'm a noob to the mod world, and just got confused with all the answers, so forgive me if this was just answered...will long tubes with a catted mid pipe fail an inspection?

Quick Reply: NOOB question