General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Does anybody know what this is?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Irishathelete89

Angry Does anybody know what this is?

There is a whistling sound coming from my car everytime i step on the gas even just slightly but it isnt too loud but you can hear it when im in a narrow street with cars on both sides it sound like i might be a belt but i dont know can anybody help me on figuring this out please..
Old 07-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

what RPM does it occur? iirc, a lot of s197s will make this sound (mine does in the 1300-1800 rpm range); i'm not exactly sure what it is (the service techs i took it to didn't have a clue either ), but i don't think it is really anything of great concern.

also, just fyi, this section is for forum specific problems, so (unless another moderator moves your thread) try posting here: https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2011-mustangs-43/ and hopefully someone will answer your question better than i can

welcome to the forums
Old 07-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Irishathelete89

Ooo ok thanks alot buddy!
Old 07-10-2010, 10:34 PM
dastangman
2nd Gear Member

I get that, it's called a supercharger!!! Haha, but anyways, perhaps the drive shaft, axle bearing or something in the differential. I would just say it could be a lot of thing, but a bearing somewhere starting to fail or possibly a belt seem to be good guesses since it's more than likely something speed related. Although I'm assuming when you say your stepping on the gas, you're also increasing speed...but maybe that's not what you meant. I've been wrong before, so that's my shot at it.

As far as mechanics not being able to tell, I think many times they don't give an honest effort. I can't say their job is easy at identifying these types of things, but usually a definate noise can be tracked down quite efficiently with some patience.