General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My First Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 04:37 PM
obstruction

Default My First Car

I went down to the local dealer and I saw something that caught my eye.

An 2007 Mustang for 10k, It seemed pretty decently price, and it looked great no dents, rust. So I went in the dealer wasn't avialable so I talked to one of the employees.

They said it had about 88K miles on it but, that was an estimate I think.

But, he said the old owner traded it / put it down towards a 2010 chevy malibu.

I didn't get much more info besides the price, and mileage guess but, does it seem like a good deal?
Old 11-16-2010, 04:50 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

since you never bothered to specify if its a v6, gt, or what, i'm going to consider its a gt500. its the deal of the century.

to be serious... i'm assuming this is a v6 since gt's with 88k will run more than that. i wouldnt spend 10 grand on a v6, but thats me. i would either look for an older cobra, a new edge GT, or you should be able to find a 3v GT for a little more than that.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:51 PM
obstruction

My bad, I forget to say it's a GT also.. But engine type didn't cross my mind Unfortunately
Old 11-16-2010, 05:03 PM
obstruction

Originally Posted by MU71L4710N
that sounds like a fair enough price, 3v gt's around here go for more than that...s197 gt's with under 100k miles are 12k or more around here. but in other areas, they may not be worth more than 9...so it depends where you live. check around and see what other gt's in similar condition are going for.

and check the carfax obviously
Ill be sure to do that. Thanks for all the helpful information.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:03 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

that sounds like a fair enough price, 3v gt's around here go for more than that...s197 gt's with under 100k miles are 12k or more around here. but in other areas, they may not be worth more than 9...so it depends where you live. check around and see what other gt's in similar condition are going for.

and check the carfax obviously
Old 11-17-2010, 12:52 AM
obstruction

well crap I look on carfax.. But, didn't buy the review.. It has 15 records

this is the car
http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...aptcha=success

It looks like it's in great condition .. but, looks can be deceiving.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:43 AM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

ummm....seriously? 15 records doesnt mean a damn thing. that doesnt mean 15 accidents.

records can be anything from routine maintenance like oil changes, to state inspections, to changing owners, to repair work from a breakdown, etc... records dont automatically mean it was wrecked, flooded, stolen, or anything like that. and you dont have to buy anything. any reputable dealer should provide the carfax to you for free nowadays. if they do try to make you pay a small charge or something, just tell them your leaving and you won't take another look at the vehicle unless they provide the carfax.

and no, that is NOT a gt. thats a v6...which is what i assumed for a 10 grand price tag. i would look for a GT personally even if its just a 2v. i'd rather buy a 99-04 gt with 260hp for 8 grand than buy an 07 v6 with 210hp for 11 grand. the body style isnt enough to warrant spending more money for less power in my book. you may like the newer ones and thats fine. but to better help you, what do YOU want out of your future car?

Last edited by MU71L4710N; 11-17-2010 at 01:49 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:45 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Me thinks you're one of the ones who don't know a difference between a GT and a v6 Mustang.

It's okay, I didn't know which one was which at first either.

If you have a GT, you have the v8 4.6 engine, shoudl have 4 front headlights up front and should have dual exahaust. Should say "GT" on the rear badge and side of the car.

If you have the v6, you'd have the 4.0 v6 engine, single exhaust , two headlights up front (unless you have the pony package) and the badging on the back will just have the basic Mustang pony badge on the back.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:48 AM
obstruction

Originally Posted by MU71L4710N
ummm....seriously? 15 records doesnt mean a damn thing. that doesnt mean 15 accidents.

records can be anything from routine maintenance like oil changes, to state inspections, to changing owners, to repair work from a breakdown, etc... records dont automatically mean it was wrecked, flooded, stolen, or anything like that. and you dont have to buy anything. any reputable dealer should provide the carfax to you for free nowadays. if they do try to make you pay a small charge or something, just tell them your leaving and you won't take another look at the vehicle unless they provide the carfax.

and no, that is NOT a gt. thats a v6...which is what i assumed for a 10 grand price tag. i would look for a GT personally even if its just a 2v. i'd rather buy a 99-04 gt with 260hp for 8 grand than buy an 07 v6 with 210hp for 11 grand. the body style isnt enough to warrant spending more money for less power in my book. you may like the newer ones and thats fine. but to better help you, what do YOU want out of your future car?

Ok, good points their.. Probably something that is going to last, and doesn't look like a total pos. I'll look around.

So I looked online.. This is the cheapest one, the place on the other side of town wants 20k for a Mustang w/GT Trim, the issue is obviously the price, and millage is beyond low for a car that came out 2 years ago to me.

But, back to the one I came here to talk about.. I'm pretty sure I could talk them down to half, If not I guess I'll be out of a mustang. Not really sure.

Than their is this dealer down the road from the Mustang for 10k, They get all these random cars each month.. I'm not sure where they get them maybe the cops send them their to get sold but, I'm just gonna have to look around alot more.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:06 PM
MustangWarrior80

Originally Posted by obstruction
I went down to the local dealer and I saw something that caught my eye.

An 2007 Mustang for 10k, It seemed pretty decently price, and it looked great no dents, rust. So I went in the dealer wasn't avialable so I talked to one of the employees.

They said it had about 88K miles on it but, that was an estimate I think.

But, he said the old owner traded it / put it down towards a 2010 chevy malibu.

I didn't get much more info besides the price, and mileage guess but, does it seem like a good deal?
My brother it sounds like a steal.. Mind as well go to jail for robbing this guy blind. If I were you I would do it.. Pictures when you get your hands on it.

Quick Reply: My First Car