General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

mac straight shot cold air

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 12:54 PM
cookie

Default mac straight shot cold air

hey guys i picked up a mac straight shot cold air system on ebay for my 03 gt,i installed it,disconneted the battrie did everything as per the instructions,the motor bogs+hesitates under 1500 rpms when cold it gets better when hot+the service engine soon comes on,i took the mac off and put the stock system back on and the car still did the same thing.i brought the car to ford to get the codes read they found that the power train control module is fried,thats the computer. 700 bucks plus labor,lucky the car is still under warranty,has anybody else heard of this problem???? iam stumped,the mac is not worth the 10 horsepower thanks[:@]
Old 08-20-2005, 02:28 PM
4600cc
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: mac straight shot cold air

That's by far the most retarded diagnose by your local friendly ford dealer. If ECC was fried, you won't be able to start it. A more reasonable explanation is one of the sensors is bad, either MAF or air temperature.

Mark your ECC-V with some scratches on it. Bring it to your local friendly ford dealer. Leave it there, let them do their job. Take your car back, check for marks, you'll see that you still have the same ECC-V you had before. That story Ford dealer told you is a nice way to wash money out of Ford Motor Company.

Sometimes those monkeys tell you stuff out of star treck movie. **** the ion drive is brocken? How much will that be to replace? I do all the stuff myself, and if I have to take it in, I research and shop for quality technicians.

AL