General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 08:59 PM
smokeystang

Default help!!!!

well on the weekend i washed my motor down, it started running rough the next day, thought water prob, so changed plugs , wires, coils....looking further noticed dpfe sensor melted, conn is ruined. going to order mew dpfe sensor tomorrow, but have you ever seen or heard of this before......going to find conn somewhere and splice in, any help is apd , thanks..... smokeystang.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:07 AM
petrock
4th Gear Member

did you disconnect the battery while you were washing the motor? Did you cover up electrical components so they wouldn't get wet? You probably got water inside the sensor and when you ran the car it shorted and cooked itself.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:15 AM
smokeystang

Didn't disconnect hart, but did cover stuff up. Car seems like its lacking power now, don't have the get up and go it did.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:22 AM
smokeystang

I fixed the melted sensor, spiced in new connector. Changed o2 sensor and cleared check engine light. Car seems sluggish when on it now. Ran fine before washing it. Changed plugs,wires,coils. Seems to run smooth. Can hear cold intake more than before, seems like a cat plugging but just from a wash? Have an off-road pipe with hollowed cats coming Fri. Also got an sct tuner, hope this fixes the prob. Wish I never washed it. Any suggestions? I am stumped.