General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

PYPES Exhuast don't do it ** warning **

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 01:46 PM
jbane2009

Default PYPES Exhuast don't do it ** warning **

This is a warning to those that might be thinking about buying from pypes.
Please take a look around before buying anything especially from pypes.

I purchased a complete exhaust system from PYPES, after three months the PYPES header cracked, less than 1500 miles, at the weld on the pypes header for the connection to the the x-pipe . I contacted them and sent pictures then my receipt then i was told that they couldn’t see the crack, that i would have to pay for shipping both ways in order to send the header in. Once they determined that the PYPYES header was in fact defective they would send me a new one at my cost, mind you. Keep in mind that this product is not an American product and i should have known better to begin with. The sales / technician that i was in communication with stated that he would not bend over backward. “Bend over backward” what is that about how about taking a look at the pics and honoring your warrantee. I have been told that they will not replace the part.

WARNING - Do not do business with pypes save yourself the trouble and buy American. So not only do i have to take the header off the car but i have to take it and try to get it re-welded and wait for the other crap header to fail.

Again please use common sense, do a search and you will see that this is not an isolated incidence

Thanks Jason
Old 08-10-2011, 02:05 PM
9t8z28

Jason, I could not see any crack in the pictures you posted.

Your part is still under warranty. I never said it wasn't replaceable.

As I stated before, your part is covered under warranty but you want me to do things your way. I gave you two options to decrease downtime on your ride and get you a replacement part but you declined both of them. We have a policy and I have been burned in the past. Your second email to me was nothing but threats of bashing and telling thousands of people how bad of customer service we have so you can see how I was reluctant to send you a part first without any proof off purchase and knowing you might not send back the defective part for me to verify.

I don't know of any manufacturer that would take someones word for it and send out a replacement part especially when you couldn't provide me with a correct proof of purchase.

This is still resolvable and yes I do want you to be satisfied and receive a replacement part, but I also have to abide by our policy.

Brandon T
Old 08-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Gotta say man, your first post coming on here and bashing a company isn't very cool. Sucks that you currently have an issue but this isn't the way to handle it by far.

I've ran Pypes products for years on both of my Mustangs with zero issues. Bang for buck, they do the job. Im sure that there are some who have had issues as well but that's bound to happen when any company makes and sells hundreds of thousands of items.

The question is not if there is any issue that arises but how do they handle it? From what I can see above, they have been doing what they can to work with you but you have to be willing to work with them as well. It's a give/take situation.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:18 PM
jbane2009

This is the guy from PYPYES he just email me and told me he wasn't affraid to deffend his company. Defend away you will have many opportunities.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Sounds like you are more mad then trying to get a situation fixed honestly.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:25 PM
jbane2009

9t8z28
the fact that you got burn't in the past is not my issue I sent you pics the clearly showed the cracked broken weld 4 pictures total granted one of the was a little out of focus but never the less the broken weld can be seen. You guys gave me an option to pay you for a new one, this should not be have been option.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

So I am going to venture a guess here.

Option A ) You were given the option of returning broken part and upon arrivial and inspection, if found to be faulty, they would send you another one?

Option B) You pay to have a new one shipped to you again, and then you return the part for inspection and if faulty, they refund the money?
Old 08-10-2011, 02:30 PM
jbane2009

Not true im not even that upset yet. How much do you think it will cost me in shipping to send this item to them and back to me, thats their POLICY. they are brand new headers it's not like I wanted a replacement becuase they got dirty. It will cost me less to take it down the street and have it rewelded than to pay for shipping, again to them, it just doesn't make any sense. And yeah im little upset as i have replace a defective header on my pride and joy and pay for it, either in shipping or welding.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:34 PM
jbane2009

they gave me the option to pay again! or send it in for inspection and if they found it faulty the would send me a new on eof course all of this is at my cost. I told them that i would be happy to return the defective header once i recieved a replacement. He said that he had been burned before.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:38 PM
jbane2009

The pictures i sent, very clearly showed the broken weld, I sent 4 in total. My 8 year old daughter when asked if she could see anything wrong, pointed out the crack. Mind you i didn't tell her to look for a crack. These guys wanted me to send it in and then they were going to tell me that they couldn't find anything wrong and offer to send me one for a low low price of only 136.00 such a deal eh.

Quick Reply: PYPES Exhuast don't do it ** warning **