General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 06:08 PM
87 cobra

Default Please Help

I have an 87 Cobra I replaced the alt on it and now it will not start. it turns over but will not start. I took down the tank and noticed that my fuel pump was not working so I took it out and checked it and its fine its just not getting any power so i changed the fuel pump relay and still nothing I pushed the reset still nothing What is preventing my fuel pump from not getting power? Can it be something to do with the alt?
Old 09-14-2005, 08:14 PM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Please Help

ORIGINAL: 87 cobra

I have an 87 Cobra I replaced the alt on it and now it will not start. it turns over but will not start. I took down the tank and noticed that my fuel pump was not working so I took it out and checked it and its fine its just not getting any power so i changed the fuel pump relay and still nothing I pushed the reset still nothing What is preventing my fuel pump from not getting power? Can it be something to do with the alt?
First and foremost.... an 87 Cobra? That must be a rare find. They didn't make a Cobra until 1993. Anywho.. I don't really think the alt would cause that. I would give my wiring and all a good look through. (All of your battery cables, etc.)
Old 09-14-2005, 08:23 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

ORIGINAL: IWinULose

First and foremost.... an 87 Cobra? That must be a rare find. They didn't make a Cobra until 1993. Anywho.. I don't really think the alt would cause that. I would give my wiring and all a good look through. (All of your battery cables, etc.)
I hear you can blame canada for 87 cobras. I think I saw somewhere (maybe here, scary ain't it?) that the gt was badged as a cobra in canada in the late 80s.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:26 PM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redass02gt

ORIGINAL: IWinULose

I hear you can blame canada for 87 cobras. I think I saw somewhere (maybe here, scary ain't it?) that the gt was badged as a cobra in canada in the late 80s.
In that case, my apologies. I never saw that as I recall.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:29 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

yup, too bad that doesn't help the problem though. I don't know what would cause your pump to not get power besides a short or bad fuse somewhere.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:30 PM
87 cobra

Yes the Canadian mustang was badged Cobra. and in the Usa it was a Gt this was because Carrol Shelby would not release the name in the states. and after Ford paid him a great deal of money the cobra named was released for use in the States.