General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

well my power steering

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 07:56 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

Default well my power steering

ok well i think something happened to my power steering, my mom was driving my car and well when she got home my steering wheel is hard as hell to move, also i saw that the battery light is on. Not to mention that we just had a huge downpour but my car wasn't on for that so i don't think that i could have gotten messed up because of that, i did just happen to go off the road a few days ago and messed up my front right tire but my steering was fine. if there is anything i can do to help you know what i'm talking about then please tell me but i don't ****ing get this.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:39 PM
4600cc
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: well my power steering

Any fluid coming from underneath the vehicle? Open the hood and check power steering fuel level, if low add some, abserve if it is leaking.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:38 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

is the belt on it?
Old 09-16-2005, 12:28 AM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

ok well i will check those when i get the chance, i mean i wasn't even driving the car and i haven't had any problems with it thus far. it might have happened when i accidently ran off the road.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:26 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

likely story
Old 09-16-2005, 04:43 PM
babygurl2000
I ♥ Acer

idk but where are you at with that stang in your sig?
im interested. I need a winter beater car
Old 09-16-2005, 05:00 PM
MarcusM
2nd Gear Member

um, yeah. IF your battery light is on too, most likely it's your belt.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:53 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

lol, i'm still at the part of where it a pos, and ok so if the battery light is on then its most liky that, is this becuase my alternator isn't going or what, i havn't even looked at the way the belts are strung

btw it would be a great winter beater but i don't think i can sell it, i will let you know becuase i would love to sell it and buy another car but first i would need more money lol.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:20 PM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

lol, ok well i opened up the hood and my serpintine belt was totaly gone lol. so i got a new one today and i just have to put it on. also i have a few question. ok i bought new calipers, rotors, and pads. now there was some type of lube that the person was talking about that was like no noise that you put on the pad or the caliper. does anyone know anything about this, also if i install a new wheel bearing is there anything other than making sure that there is grease packed in the bearing that i need. my friend said that there was something that went around it and i need to replace that or that it will **** up the bearing. i have the inner and outter and thats it. please tell me what to do.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:27 PM
4600cc
I ♥ Acer

You put that grease to make your brakes quiet. You put it on the back of the pad, just follow directions and don't buy cheap stuff.

Quick Reply: well my power steering