General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Wierd problem with 03 GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 03:04 PM
pj1010
3rd Gear Member

Default Wierd problem with 03 GT

2003 GT - 26,000 miles

The car has been pulling to the right since I bought it, and shakes mildly between 50-70. No big deal right, get an alignment and balance, problem solved?

Well I took it to the dealer today, and first they say it is my tires (which are practically brand new). I say, well first off, they are brand new, and I just got them rotated. Wouldn't the problem be to the left now? Then they try to say that it is the fault of the lowering springs. Which I didn't even know were on the car when I bought it. They must be like quarter inch lowering spirngs because it looks stock as far as I can tell.

Either way, after an alignment and balance/rotation, the problem still remians. I also paid Ford 50 extra dollars to inspect the car. They said they frame didn't look damaged, and they couldn't tell what was wrong with the tires. Basically they don't know what the problem is, or just don't want to fix it.

Bad thing is, I have no idea what else it could be. I know the rotors are warped, because the wheel shakes when I brake. But that can't account for the pulling to the right can it? I could believe that the rotors might cause some front end shake at upper speeds, but the alignment thing is just too strange.

Any suggestions?
Old 09-22-2005, 03:09 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

Default RE: Wierd problem with 03 GT

I don't think you should have had to pay anything. my bumper to bumper was 3 years, 36000 miles. all of this should be under warranty. and the warranty belongs to the vehicle, not the owner, so it shouldn't matter that you are not the first owner. look into the warranty before you pay another dime.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:48 PM
pj1010
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I mean I havn't picked it up, but I am not going to pay...especially since they have no conclusive evidence. He's argument was that since they are aftermarket Kumho tires, they weren;t going to investigate them without paying. Either way...I'm not giving them anything.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:50 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

sounds stupid for them to say your tires are doing that.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:02 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

if it was a tire, it would have moved with the rotation.

Yes rotors can cause the problems you are describing but it sounds like a little more than that.

How the hell did the rotors get warped anyway? I would be telling them they sold me a POS and they better fix it.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:25 PM
pj1010
3rd Gear Member

Who knows. I never would have imagined this would be such a pain. I got the lifetime balance/rotation at wal-mart. I'm going to have them swap the front tires and see what happens. Mabe they just balanced them last time... I'll just take it to another dealer and see what they say.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:32 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

walmart?? don't do that anymore. they probably did something to it. I'm almost certain. did you find any paper coffee cups or any zig zags or old socks in your undercarriage after they did your tires?
Old 09-22-2005, 04:38 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pj1010

Who knows. I never would have imagined this would be such a pain. I got the lifetime balance/rotation at wal-mart. I'm going to have them swap the front tires and see what happens. Mabe they just balanced them last time... I'll just take it to another dealer and see what they say.

well theres the problem.....NEVER go to walmart or jiffy lube, iv heard soooo many HORROR stories about both of those places, expecially walmart, my buddy got his oil changed at walmart and they didnt put the cap back on right and it fell off at a bump and all his oil spilled out, same guy went to jilly lube and they only put 2 quarts in! ya.....bad news

go to a napa or a good local shop and have them look at it.....or just yelll at ford entill they get off there asses and do wut there suposta do!
Old 09-22-2005, 05:09 PM
pj1010
3rd Gear Member

Well it did the same before the wal-mart incedent. I'm going to talk to someone else at Ford when I go pick it up. I mean...really...springs wouldn't make my car pull right...

"There is some kit you can buy to like...make the springs...more for your car" - says the rep. I have no idea WTF he's trying to say. I'll let you know after I bust some flipping heads. And then smoke a cigarette.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:30 PM
MarcusM
2nd Gear Member

If it is lowered you may try a bump steer kit. Steeda Bump Steer Kit

Is it pulling all the time? When braking?

Quick Reply: Wierd problem with 03 GT