General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Moving soon, need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 12:55 AM
Nestik

Default Moving soon, need advice!

I have a 95 Mustang GT it's all stock and I'll be moving from VA to Ohio soon, about an 8 and a half hour drive, I need advice on what I should have looked at before making the trek and what I should do to prepare for the colder environment or "winterize" my car. I'm very lacking on car knowledge unfortunately and I'm hoping to change that and I'm starting here! Any advice/tips are GREATLY appreciated! If you need any more info I'll be more than happy to provide!
Old 10-09-2012, 02:33 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nestik
I have a 95 Mustang GT it's all stock and I'll be moving from VA to Ohio soon, about an 8 and a half hour drive, I need advice on what I should have looked at before making the trek and what I should do to prepare for the colder environment or "winterize" my car. I'm very lacking on car knowledge unfortunately and I'm hoping to change that and I'm starting here! Any advice/tips are GREATLY appreciated! If you need any more info I'll be more than happy to provide!
First off...sorry that you are moving to Ohio.
Lived there for 25+yrs and now in sunny NC and won't go back!!!

i think the first thing you need to consider is an extra set of rims with some Blizzaks. You don't want that crappy "liquid salt" they use chewing thru your good rims! Whenever the weather breaks above 40-45, get the crap sprayed off your car
Next, depending on mileage, get a flush-n-fill, check thermostat and battery, check heating system to ensure YOU stay toasty while the car warms up
Lastly, you WILL need a good ice scraper a pair of gloves and decent windshield wipers.

oh yeah...PLEASE make sure your brake lights work and you clear them off!! Ohioans have a nasty habit of not cleaning the 10ft of snow off their cars and u can't see when they decide to lock up and go sledding in their SUV's
Old 10-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

Buy a truck...

I don't know about checking over your car for the drive, I don't think I would bother unless your car has known problems. But for the most part, I think Steel Pony nailed all the major points. Ice scraper is probably one of the most important things.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:49 AM
roz2477

great site with great post...i think post plays a very good role in developing a blog much better...real estate lawyers new yorkI must say, a good attempt from your side...i really appreciate your work....well done....keep doing good work...