General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

wrecked my mustang

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Peyton95
1st Gear Member

Default wrecked my mustang

yesterday I was on way to state inspection, coming of exit ramp at about 55mph. right when a came around the corner a deer was standing in the middle of the road. My first reaction is to try to dodge it. I turned left really fast and got in the left ditch a little. Next I turned the wheel right to try to get it back on the road. As soon as the wheels got back on the road I lost control completely. First I slammed left front into the guard rail, then I bounced off the guard rail and completely wrecked the entire back courter panel and rear bumper. It all happened so fast, Their is nothing like looking over your left shoulder to see a guard rail coming at you at 50mph, pretty scary. My engine and trans has no damage. My insurance wont cover a scratch. engine only has 20k on it if that. Frame has 85k. I bent the frame 5 inches to the right. So my question is, should I try to sell the car on craigslist or part it out? Ive only had the car for about a month. I was finally able to upgrade to a GT and now its gone...
Old 07-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Peyton95
1st Gear Member

If i knew how to post pictures I would.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:26 PM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

Find a shell with a blown motor and swap everything over then sell the extra parts, you will end up with money in pocket. Also sign up on photobucket, upload your photos there then copy the IMG link it provides to a post and it will show up.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:28 PM
calistang05
2nd Gear Member

Why won't your insurance cover anything a least something they would pay to just total it. I don't know much about bent frames but 5 inches is pretty bad I think. If you can make your money back by parting it out I would do that. Sorry to hear about your wreck.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:28 PM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

For that matter you could find a 96-98 GT with a blown motor and swap everything from your car, interior and all. And have a fast SN95. Would surprise a few people. The shell would be cheaper and easier to find as well. Lower insurance too!
Old 07-25-2013, 12:29 PM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by calistang05
Why won't your insurance cover anything a least something they would pay to just total it. I don't know much about bent frames but 5 inches is pretty bad I think. If you can make your money back by parting it out I would do that. Sorry to hear about your wreck.
I'm guessing he's only got liability which only covers someone else if he hits them. Anything that happens to his own car is on him. Unless someone hits him then that persons insurance would be taking care of it.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:30 PM
Peyton95
1st Gear Member

thats actually not a bad idea to find a stang with a blown motor, I didnt even think of that... I wanna stick to the 99-04 body style. Im going to start looking for one with bad motor.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Peyton95
1st Gear Member

Old 07-25-2013, 12:40 PM
Peyton95
1st Gear Member

Looks worse in person, Insurance wont cover because I only have liability
Old 07-25-2013, 01:51 PM
calistang05
2nd Gear Member

Man that sucks from what I can see it was a pretty nice looking Mustang too.

Quick Reply: wrecked my mustang