General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help with new car, would like to boost HP for cheap

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Brendan Edie

Smile Help with new car, would like to boost HP for cheap

Hello,
I will be owning a 1995 5.0 soon. I know nothing about how cars work. I have a step dad who will help me build a project car, so it will be a learning experience. He would know how to put the parts in. I want to build a natuarally aspirated, faster car with some bolt ons. The car hass 122000 miles, it's a convertible, has a hurst shifter, sub frame connectors, aftermarket rims, and 4:10 gears. What combination of H/I/C would I look to buy, considering me and my step dad will be able to put it together? I just want to do the most with my car with these three upgrades. What size throttle body would I need, please include brands and links for everything. I will listen to different feedback, I just want honest opinions. Also, include what exhaust system and whether you recomend shortys or longtubes.
Thank you so much, as you can all probably see I'm just a beginner, but I figured this would be a great way to get my foot in the door of the car world. It's been a dream of mine forever, and will be a good bonding experience.. give me the best combos in your honest opinions.
Brendan
Old 09-10-2013, 07:51 PM
4154Bobby
1st Gear Member

Good thing aren't cheap cheap thing aren't good keep that in mine when modding your call
Old 09-17-2013, 06:56 PM
GT210
1st Gear Member

Hey there my advice to you would be to research as much as you can read up on your car and the things you are looking to do to the car as well and the pros and cons. Then you should pick a power goal something you would be comfortable with and go from there. I've been around cars for awhile mainly Honda's I love my Honda but I have a gt now as well and have done every repair on it my self including the transmission replacement here recently all due to reading up on things especially on here. I just got done with a intake job today as well I had no clue how to do it but I did it to researching everything I could on here and a couple questions here and there. Since you mentioned you know nothing how cars work I would seriously get to reading on at least how your car works cause this will hep you understand what is going on when something does go wrong with your car or other problems that someone else may came across when they was doing what your trying to do now.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:00 PM
GT210
1st Gear Member

https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l...beginners.html
Old 09-17-2013, 10:30 PM
tinman
5th Gear Member

See my signature......