General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Is there a big difference between coupe and conv?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 09:34 AM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Observations I have made while owning my 02 GT Convertible which is the first convertible I have ever owned.

Bummers:

Sudden rain showers. At speed in all but the heaviest downpours the rain goes over your head so it's not really that big a deal. It only takes 7 seconds for the top to go fully up or down and you can do it at a slow roll so this is only a mouse turd of a problem.

Having to replace the top every several years. I replaced mine about a year ago. Having never done anything like it before it only took me a weekend.

Top stains can really look like doo-doo if left unattended too long. (Probably my biggest knock on the 'vert)

Wind noise but to me it's no big deal. The myriad thoughts and occasional voices coursing through my head usually drown out any external distractions anyhow.

Good stuff:

Bugs in your teeth from riding around with the top down on a gorgeous day (or night) while grinning like an idiot more than make up for any of the negatives.

Honestly, I can't see me ever not owning a convertible again.

Yeah. I love it that much.