General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2014 radio question

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 10:01 AM
sentino

Default 2014 radio question

Hello. . . I have the standard Shaker system, no nav screen.
Is there a way to see more info during playback of a track from my Bluetooth devise, or from a Sirius station? The display only shows station id and channel number. . . no title, artist, etc. . . See below for example.
Thank you!

Old 11-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

When using Bluetooth, depending on music source, you can sync the mobile app to your radio. Pandora, slacker, Sirius, etc. it will show song titles and artists that way. Turn Bluetooth on your phone and then go to the settings for your phone on your car and find mobile applications ang go from there.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Then after you sync it it will remember it every time you turn Bluetooth on. I have the base radio with sync and I think it works great. Navigation even comes with sync. Don't know if everybody knows that. Works pretty well, too.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:29 PM
sentino

Originally Posted by Csrt4to5.0gt
Then after you sync it it will remember it every time you turn Bluetooth on. I have the base radio with sync and I think it works great. Navigation even comes with sync. Don't know if everybody knows that. Works pretty well, too.
I
Thanks... I will try. I do know about the navigation with Sync. Pretty cool feature, but you need cell connection...
Old 11-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

The cool thing about syncing the mobile apps is that as long as the Bluetooth on your phone is turned on you can access your music via the steering wheel buttons. Don't need to even touch your phone at all. This is my first car that didn't have sat radio so I just listen to pandora all the time. Once synced you can use voice controls, too. With your sat radio. If you press the text button will it show song info? Also make sure RDS is turned on. That helps display info...at least on FM it does.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:33 PM
sentino

I used the TEXT button, and it does show Artist and Title while listening to Sirius. It will not show info while listening to iphone loaded music, Pandora, or normal radio stations.
I must be missing something. I was going to go back to the dealer and have the lady show me if it is possible. . .
Old 11-21-2013, 03:42 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Go on syncs website and check to see if your phones compatible. With Bluetooth on and your phone paired all you should need to do is press the phone button on the wheel, then press left or right to find mobile applications and from their it should ask about find new apps and then should sync to the app. Forgot to mention, with pandora you have to go to the apps settings on your phone and go into advance options and make sure you have pandora set for Bluetooth. There's a Bluetooth option. I assume other radio apps have the same settings, too.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:01 PM
MustangVixenGT
2nd Gear Member

My Bluetooth has never shown the song or artist, it does show up when I plug into USB through.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:33 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by MustangVixenGT
My Bluetooth has never shown the song or artist, it does show up when I plug into USB through.
Hi MustangVixenGT,

If you're just streaming music from your phone via Bluetooth audio, the song information will not appear on your SYNC Display. When streaming music through AppLink, many mobile apps will show song information on the screen.

Click here for more information on SYNC AppLink: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...lications-sync

Kim
Old 11-22-2013, 11:07 AM
sentino

I am so confused over this! I actually got my iTunes tracks to play via USB and it does show the artist and title, etc. Same with Pandora (but only via the USB link up).

I can't get Pandora to perform with Sync via the Mobile Apps option. . . . I agree that I should be able to do all this via Bluetooth.

Quick Reply: 2014 radio question