General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Fuse block problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 03:46 PM
CyprusMustang
3rd Gear Member

Default Fuse block problems

Ok so I noticed last week I didn't have power to the heater fan motor but didn't think anything of it, just thought maybe a wire came loose when I was installing the additional painless fuse block. Now I realized I don't have power to the fuse block fuses that are ignition hot. I tested all the terminals and nothing with the ignition on. I have only the two fuses that are constant hot and they have 12.5 volts at both sides with key out of ignition.

1969 mustang convertible

Car starts up fine. Lights work, horn works and hazards too. Not sure what I can test.

Where does the fuse block get its ignition power from? Does it come from the starter solenoid?

I can see a wire loose at the firewall, it's brown and it exits with a bunch of wires that also lead to the three plug which goes to the distributor, oil pressure and temp. It's approx under the window washer motor. There is no other wire loose that it could connect to im thinking it was connected spliced in with another connection somewhere? Maybe has nothing to do with it?