General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cost to paint 66 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 03:10 PM
Rick66

Default Cost to paint 66 coupe

I have a 66 coupe (my first car that I've owned for 22 years)that is ready for paint... when I say ready, it's pretty much all aftermarket sheet metal that I've done all the fitting, alignment and gapping. What is original has all been stripped to bare and temp primed. The guys that have come to my house to give me estimates have all said it looks great, they would strip the e coating prime and start the blocking from where it is at. It's a clean and solid car, no hidden problems.

I originally budgeted 7-10k in my head when I started the restoration of this car three years ago, which I thought was safe for a good job that would meet my expectations. However the prices I'm getting are in the 15-20k range!!!

What should a good(Not trailer queen, but show/driver)paint job cost for a project like mine in 2016? Trunk, hood, and jambing needs to be done too. Engine compartment and undercarriage is already done.

Thanks for any help!
And if anyone has any recommendations on someone in the north east PA area, that would be great!!!

Thanks,
Rick
Old 01-04-2016, 05:51 PM
Mignav001

Default Cost to paint 66 coupe

Originally Posted by Rick66
I have a 66 coupe (my first car that I've owned for 22 years)that is ready for paint... when I say ready, it's pretty much all aftermarket sheet metal that I've done all the fitting, alignment and gapping. What is original has all been stripped to bare and temp primed. The guys that have come to my house to give me estimates have all said it looks great, they would strip the e coating prime and start the blocking from where it is at. It's a clean and solid car, no hidden problems.

I originally budgeted 7-10k in my head when I started the restoration of this car three years ago, which I thought was safe for a good job that would meet my expectations. However the prices I'm getting are in the 15-20k range!!!

What should a good(Not trailer queen, but show/driver)paint job cost for a project like mine in 2016? Trunk, hood, and jambing needs to be done too. Engine compartment and undercarriage is already done.

Thanks for any help!
And if anyone has any recommendations on someone in the north east PA area, that would be great!!!

Thanks,
Rick
it all depends on what type of paint job you'd like.. that being said a good paint job here in cali is around 12k, that being said shop around and you can usually find a good place that isn't quite big yet, I recently had a 1948 Chevy painted that belongs to my father atm, I believe it was around 6K. that being said I'd try and keep it around or below 10k if you'll be driving it and running the risk of chips and all..