General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Express Up Windows in a Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 04:19 PM
mxc0bbn

Default Express Up Windows in a Convertible

The express up feature is not working on my '15 GT convertible. I took it to the dealer where they kept it for two days replacing the switch and "troubleshooting" only to tell me that convertibles don't have the express up feature because there is no door frame to help the motor understand where the top of the door is...

Now, if they had told me this as I was explaining my problem I might have walked away and not asked about it anymore...but for a place that has 10 "ASE" certified technicians....this sounds like someone doesn't want to spend anymore time chasing this down and just figured I'd swallow whatever they said.

To be clear...I'm not saying they're full of it...I'm just saying they could be....and I want to know what some of you out there have seen with your convertibles...do your windows work when you click the express up?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-27-2016, 04:36 PM
dating.forbeer

i feel you brother!
Old 07-28-2016, 07:13 AM
eagle42101

The windows on my 2014 convertible go all the way up without the aid of a frame. And they go down about half an inch when I open the door with the top up. Find another dealer.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:18 AM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

yes, the express works on my 2012 convertible with the top up, have never tried it with the top down though so don't know if they work then or not.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:55 AM
JimC

I think that the OP is referring to using the key fob to work the windows. In 2015 Ford added that back; hold the lock button down and the windows will close/open.

If not and you are referring to the door switch for one-touch up or down it works on my 2013 as well as my 2006 convertible.

It doesn't work on the back windows though, only the front.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:29 AM
mxc0bbn

I'm not talking about the remote control feature...only the button on the door...

Thanks for the replies. That's exactly what I thought..

The dealership is full of $#!T
Old 07-28-2016, 11:30 AM
mxc0bbn

Actually, now that I think about it...can someone with a 2015 or newer chime in? I want to make sure when I go back there I can definitively say that it's not something that was taken out in this generation...

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-28-2016, 11:37 AM
JimC

Check your owner's manual. There should be something in there, including a how to reset. For the S197 it involves holding the button and raising the window, hold for like 5 seconds, and they reprogram.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:06 PM
JimC

Do your window switches say "AUTO" on them? If they do, then the service department is full of it. If they don't, then check the owners manual to see what it says about convertibles and the auto windows
Old 08-04-2016, 03:14 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

I did check mine and the express windows work even with the top down. The A pillar catches part of the window so there is a frame for the window to stop against.

Quick Reply: Express Up Windows in a Convertible