General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Straight pipe questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 12:42 PM
Devonn Garrett

Default Straight pipe questions

Hey what's up guys
I have a 05 gt mustang with long tube headers straight piped to O/R H pipe stock mufflers (this was the setup on the car when I got it) it threw a check engine light when I had the codes read (i don't remember the codes exactly) i was told because of the straight pipe set up the o2 sensors were no good and have caused some plugs to foul an misfires in cylinders 3 an 4.
I was told a simple fix was to get a wideband o2 sensor kit w/tune and of course to replace the plugs and coilsan
Any input would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-07-2017, 12:50 PM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

These cars need to be tuned when ever you put long tube headers on .

I would bet the 02 sensors are still ok, but since they are located further from the heads the computer needs to be tuned. It could have fouled out the plugs and even the sensors, but I would agree it needs tuned.

Im not so sure about the wideband, unless your gonna use a power adder like turbo, pro charger or some nitrous injection I dont think you need to monitor your air/fuel ratio.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:10 PM
Devonn Garrett

Thanks for the reply I didn't think id need to be monitoring the A/F ratio are their any sensors or brands you'd recommend