General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

95 mustang gauge needles

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 08:16 PM
Prplcat40

Default 95 mustang gauge needles

I recently bought a 95 Mustang GT Convertible to play with and slowly restore. When I bought it, it had aftermarket white face gauges on it that didn't light. I took the cluster apart and didn't realize the white overlays could be worked over the needles so I lightly pried up on the needles and popped them off. The tach, speedo, voltage, and oil pressure all work fine. But the Fuel gauge and temp gauge seemed to slide all the way down on the pins and aren't moving. Is there a trick to getting the needles on the pins correctly? Did I somehow break them by removing the needles?
Old 10-05-2017, 04:37 PM
Prplcat40

No one has ever taken the needles off theie gauges???
Old 10-09-2017, 08:23 AM
Urambo Tauro
3rd Gear Member

I had to do that once, but on a '94 Cougar, not a Mustang. I seem to recall something about not pushing the needles all the way down, or else they might have too much friction against the gauge face to move.

Aside from that, the the only other thing I can think of is if maybe one of the connectors on the back of the cluster got plugged back in loosely or ****-eyed.