General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

High flow S197 3V Fuel pump options?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 12:46 PM
metroplex

Default High flow S197 3V Fuel pump options?

What high flow drop-in replacement fuel pumps are available for the 05-09 S197 GTs? I see that most blower kits include a fuel pump that requires cutting/splicing the stock wiring harness to slip in the replacement, or to have a piggyback fuel pump. I'd rather much just swap out the entire basket/float assembly like I see with the OE replacement pumps. Is there such a replacement available? I don't want to get the GT500 dual-pump replacement kit from FRPP because A). It's $800 B). I won't need that much fuel capacity. I see a few Walbro's available that *might* work, but will these require a new tune? What about long-term reliability? E85 compatibility?

I'm planning to install a Procharger P-1 HO kit on my 07 GT and everything about it seems easy to install, except I'm not comfortable with ghetto rigging the fuel pump. If I am taking the time to pull out the rear seat and stock pump assembly, I want to get a direct-fit/drop-in fuel pump replacement. I prefer not to cut/splice/solder in a fuel pump. Doing some math, the stock 3V only handles about 525 hp, so that's about 60 lb/min max airflow. With E10 93 octane at 0.8 lambda, we're talking about a pump that needs to flow 6.3 lb/min with a 15% safety factor, so 56.7 gal/h or about 214 lph. Is there a quality/reliable drop-in complete fuel pump replacement that would fit this requirement? Would it require a new tune for the fuel pump?