General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Parking on two spaces?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 09:22 PM
seeugt
I ♥ Acer

Default Parking on two spaces?

I live in a gated community and start parking my stang on guest parking pretty far away from everybody else, all to save my paint. I wonder if there I could get in trouble for doing this. I park at an angle so it is pretty hard to spot that it's two spaces, and one of the spaces is kind of shuttered asphalt with grass growing through. I'm pretty sure it goes from county to county, and from association to association (in my association there is nothing explisit to prohibit it), but did anyone got in trouble for this? For example, can they just tow without warning, or can they bitch about it? I park pretty far away though, but in the view of all incoming vehicles that enter the parking lot. For example 50% of the vehicles will drive past mine just a few feet away.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:13 AM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Parking on two spaces?

I'm sure if a cop see's this you may get a parking ticket, unless it's on private property.
Don't think they'd go as far as towing without warning though.
Ask the local PD or the owner of the building[&:]
Old 10-30-2005, 01:28 AM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

it's a good way to get it keyed....just for parking like that
Old 10-30-2005, 01:06 AM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nitrous_bob

I wasn't gonna say it first. Personally, I HATE ppl that take up 2 spaces[:'(][:@]
Old 10-30-2005, 01:37 AM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03YellowPony

ORIGINAL: nitrous_bob

I wasn't gonna say it first. Personally, I HATE ppl that take up 2 spaces[:'(][:@]

it's truly AMAZING how many people will F up your car for stuff like even parking way out in the lot , where no else is

i stopped that long ago, makes you a target , and there are haters everywhere , i just got my 1/4 window popped out from a brick....didn't try to get in and steal anything....just blew out the window w/ a brick.

Old 10-30-2005, 02:56 AM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

i did that once at school and got a ticket. i always park way out in East Bumble**** so i never get a dent. it sucks walking forever accross the parking lot but its sooo worth it to have a flawless paint job.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:36 AM
seeugt
I ♥ Acer

i live in a a mud hut.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:51 AM
shane361
2nd Gear Member

It sounds like a good idea in the beggining and have done it myself as well as several guys in the club. However there are jelous losers out there and punks etc. I have since one night started NOT backing my car into parking spaces. One night after a movie several of us went to, my boys 02 Saleen and my GT had both hoods keyed. Luckily I could buff mine out but his was much worse and figerglass. I hate HATERS[:@]
Old 10-30-2005, 10:58 AM
seeugt
I ♥ Acer

Well boys, I going to heed to your advice and only use one space, but I'll still park away from others. Away means about 10 spaces away from all the other cars, away is also in the view of 4 high rise buildings. I live in a 55+ only community with my mother (I'm 24), and I'm pretty sure it's safe to park the way I am, especially if I only use one space. I will get a security camera though with a big *** zoom.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:07 PM
seeugt
I ♥ Acer

Strange fenomenon started happenin since I started parking there. I see some nice good looking cars with non ******* drivers park around me. They're guests, but there is plenty of guest parking closer to the buildings. I bet they're just like me. And they don't park it right next to me, just a two spaces away, I like it like that.

Quick Reply: Parking on two spaces?