General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

heater/a.c. vacuum source

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 02:12 PM
GaryS

Default heater/a.c. vacuum source

In trying to figure out why my heater/ac only blows out the top defroster vents, I have been troubleshooting. See my post at:

https://mustangforums.com/m_763534/tm.htm

I have good vacuum at the intake runners and going into the main vacuum line where it goes through the firewall on the right hand side of the engine compartment. The question I have is, where does that vacuum line enter into the interior? I have the glove box out, the side kick well cover but I cannot find the main vacuum line.

Next question. I have the the heater/ac control vacuum fitting, the one with the multiple colored lines going to the using components. Which lines should have vacuum in them? I am using my engine vacuum gauge with an appropriate very small fitting to try and locate the vacuum. Obviously, the main vacuum, from the runner, enters into the area behind the dash and then is used by the heater/ac switch to control which system comes on and where it blows.

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Gary
97 3.8 l
Old 11-04-2005, 09:50 AM
GaryS

Default RE: heater/a.c. vacuum source

Anyone? Anyone?

Buehler?