General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What now?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 04:44 PM
Kenshinxhimuraxx

Default What now?

Hey guys,
I am still new to the whole car customization thing, So far I have a cold air intake, flow masters dual exhaust, tuned racing suspension and a redid pulley system, and a cobra shifter. Yesterday I installs Bosch Triple platnium spark plugs, with bosch wires. I planed on getting my engine machined next and then getting like new headers, new ignition, fly wheel and stuff but what brands what specific pieces are good for a 1998 Ford Mustang?

Any help would be appreciated, I am alos doing all this to rebuild my engine to withstand a supercharger, and I need to do it to reset my milage lol I have 86k Milles. I am trying to get alot of power out of my little V-6 lol.

alos I was wondering if there was anyone here from the kissimme/orlando area that would be willing to meet up and ride or teach me some stuff? or anyhting.......let me know.....

any help appreciated. thx guys.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:58 PM
Tim37
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What now?

a good set of rods and pistons will pretty much hold any thing that you are gonna put to a street car. a cam would be nice.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:05 PM
Kenshinxhimuraxx

A friend of mine told me I could get a MSD Ignition, Chevy pistons, and then he told me he would get a list of other things I need.

But if I can get a good list of things I would need freom you guys since this is all about mustangs I would rather get it from you lol........

So anyone else willing to shot up some info for me?

any help is appreciated.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:25 PM
kartracer55
3rd Gear Member

Well how much are you looking to spend? Most people on here could give you parts to build a dream engine as long as youve got the cash to do it. Also, dont forget, When your engines making tons of power, the rest of the driveline needs to be able to handle it... otherwise youll be snapping u joints and going through clutches like nobodys buisness(yup, my ghetto side)

Also, Why are you spending all the cash on a V6, why not sell it and buy a v8 to start from?

What are you having "machined"? ny engine can handle a supercharger/turbo, it all depends on how much boost you plan on running... something likr 5-8 stock should be ok, but if you talking like 15lbs then you need to move towards forged internals. Theres a bunch of guys on here with supercharged mustangs that can give you the specifics of what they have done.

Do you want to build the car for handling (ie autox) or for 1/4 mile runs?

Jim
Old 11-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Kenshinxhimuraxx

Well everyone tis telling me to stick with a V6, forget the v8, i want a v8 tho but idk. And I am looking to get the blkock machined, then get new heads, ignition, pistons all that stuff, and yeah.

Or I might sell my car and put a down payment on a 05 GT
Old 11-20-2005, 07:47 PM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: Kenshinxhimuraxx

Well everyone tis telling me to stick with a V6, forget the v8, i want a v8 tho but idk. And I am looking to get the blkock machined, then get new heads, ignition, pistons all that stuff, and yeah.

Or I might sell my car and put a down payment on a 05 GT
[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

What is their reasoning for this?
Old 11-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

Why would they say stick w/ the V6. I would def. go V8 somehow, either an engine swap or a new car.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:58 AM
Kenshinxhimuraxx

beast
point of getting new heads, ignition, pistons. umm...after I'd say 87K miles I think it would be smart to get new and better parts....I mean it might jsut be me but i think it would be smart.

gt
and dagt I said the same thing why not go v8, more power......I am thinkign of selling my 98 mustang once i fix it up alittle and using the money to put for a down payment on a '05 mustang gt.