General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 12:06 AM
PipsBlackStang
4th Gear Member

Default Help!!!!

I replaced my bad computer yesterday in my car in order to fix my fan and now my fan works. My radio and dome lights worked and my dash light worked. So today I had to put in my new speedo gear to calibrate my speedo. Well I took the old one out and put the new one in and started it up and took it for a spin. Well as soon as I backed up I noticed my speedo wasnt even working now. I figured I didnt have it connected good enough so as I was pulling back into my garage I noticed my dash clock wasnt working. Then I tried my radio and CD player. Nothing works. When I open my doors the dome light doesnt come on my remote for door locks doesnt work. My headlights,turn signals, and dash lights all DO work and my car starts and runs fine and my tach works. I took out my new computer and reinstalled it and I took out the speedo and reinstalled it and still it doesnt work. Any ideas? Im going to go install my old computer and put my old speedo gear back in and see what happens.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:54 AM
PipsBlackStang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Help!!!!

I hooked up my OBD2 scanner and it doesnt even turn on. Theres no power inside my car. Did some wire come out while I was installing my new computer. I've taken it out before and have never had a problem. I checked all the connections to the computer and its all connected with no lose wires. Im stumped. I may just bring it somewhere because I have no clue where to begin.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:56 AM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Fuses? the car turns over and runs?
Old 12-28-2005, 01:00 AM
PipsBlackStang
4th Gear Member

Yes it runs just fine. Its weird that eveything would just poop out at once. I mean my dash clock,radio,cd player, obd2 hook up, dome light, small light under hood, trunk light, speedo... nothing works. But my car runs fine and the tach works, dash lights work, turn signals, head lights all work.

I put back my broken computer and it didnt fix anything. I put the old speedo gear back in and it didnt fix anything. Those are the only two things I touched before my car took a crap electrically.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:01 AM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Id check your fuses.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Tim37
4th Gear Member

the computer doesn't control any of the interoir functions like radio dome lights or any thing else you said didn't work so i would start with teh fuses and then start looking for wireing problesm don't forget the under the hood fuses.
Old 12-28-2005, 01:44 PM
PipsBlackStang
4th Gear Member

I just thought it was weird everything would go out at once and my speedo stop working completely.