General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Engine warning light:"engine service soon"

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 09:05 PM
jaynez31

Default Engine warning light:"engine service soon"

My 2001 V6 stumbling when accerelate or normal driving mode. About an hour ago, engine waring light(engine service soon) came out and sounds like half of cycyners do not function.

I changed spark pulgs 3 weeks ago because tired to sedure the stumbling issue.

Well, I changed air filter when I changed spark plugs(I might adjusted wrong gap), but only worng spark plug gaps or spark plug wires(which is toching the cycynder head or engine) should not contribute engine warning light, right?

I have never seen engine warning light srarted blinking, then kept on and on while my car was barely drive.

Please feed back your thoght.

I am going to get a Bosh platinum 4 or someting with spark plug wires. I am concerned that it might another issue, fuel filter, head gasket, or entine internal damage.

thank you
Old 01-10-2006, 10:31 PM
timwdv

Default RE: Engine warning light:"engine service soon"

i had the same problem, mine came on b/c of my crankshaft position sensor replaced it then it came on again, next it was my 02 sensor come to find out it was loose, i did everything you did and didnt help me out, its still on and im riding on it like hell, i once changed my battery to a optima red top and it turned off for about a week then came back on, so i said the hell with it. dont waste ur money on a $6 platinum plug, believe me its just a ****ing name
Old 01-10-2006, 11:29 PM
HaV
5th Gear Member

I know I have said this a million times since I have been on here... but check air filter, fuel filter, plugs, wires (could have a bad plug from the factory.. it happens man).. and if none of those fix it start looking else where. Take it to a muffler shop and have them cut the cats loose for 30 bucks and see if they are clogged as well.. What your describing could be so many different things. Probably the very first thing you should do is take it to autozone or any other parts store and have them see what error code your throwing. Its not always 100% right, but if none of the cheap fixes do it for ya, then it will atleast give you a starting point of what the issue may be...
Old 01-11-2006, 02:23 AM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Take your car to Autozone or Advance Auto they will scan your car for free. Bring the codes back and post them here and we can help you. Did you make sure you put the plug wires back in the correct order?
Old 01-16-2006, 12:12 PM
jaynez31

OK. after scanned, the code indicated #2 spark plug misfire. Then, I replaced "Crank sensor". Well, it bit better running though, there is still misfire dring idling and hesitation during acceralation. Do I need to scan again (or go to the advance auto) or just change O2 sonsor, cam sonsor, ignition component?

During idling, the misfire happen after 2-3 minutes running engine, first 1-2 minutes usually OK.
Hesitation issue: Only occur betwee 1500rmp-2000rpm on high gear, but not low like 1st to second gear. OK my car is 2001 V6 automatic transmission.

thanks
Old 01-16-2006, 02:51 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Before you go just changing sensors try easy stuff first It gets very expensive when you do it that way. Recheck that all the plug wires are on tight. I would run a good fuel injector cleaner thru your car and see if helps on your hesitation. I like using ZMAX it's about $30 but I really think it cleans the injectors good. It comes with an oil and fuel additive.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:57 PM
nelson95

it could be your mass air flow sensor i a big problem with my car not wanting to go and i got it replaced runs like a champ now