General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

94 3.8L Cam Sensor housing dosent make since

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 12:17 AM
wazz

Default 94 3.8L Cam Sensor housing dosent make since

I'm new to the site and to be honest I have a specific goal, am seeking information about

my mothers 94 Mustang 3.8L

I have just resealed the timing cover (water leak Pass side) and this site looks like a good place to ask about what I have come accross that has me stumped.

I had to sign up to utilize the search feature, and will be will be online using that for a bit,

So you know the quarie I have is about the cam sensor housing (basicly what takes place of the distributer housing) I have purchased the OTC plastic tool that is used durring the install. Here is why I dont want to follow the directions, the directions say to put the timing mark on the crank at 26* ADTC (and there IS a big notch on the ballancer at that location). Here is where I have discovered conflect in the directions from Alldata and the directions that come with the OTC tool (both saying the same thing about the 26*ATDC). Well I before I took it apart, I scribed the cam sensor housing and intake manifold before I removed it (keep in mind this car has been owned by 1 person my mother since 1994 and it has 30,000 miles on it, I am the only mechanic to work on this rig & I have never touched the cam sensor housing (basicly the timing).

The only way the scribed mark I marked on the intake will line up with that plastic tool is if i have the timing mark on the crank set at 0* & (not 26*) like the OTC and Alldata directions say to do. So I ask is this an upgraded timing location? I have found no TSB's about this.

Anyway I'm off to search any help in this matter would be apretiated.
[sm=feedback.gif]
thanks
Wazz
Old 01-25-2006, 04:03 AM
wazz

Default RE: 94 3.8L Cam Sensor housing dosent make since

brought the neighbor over (ex-gm tech) ,, he shruged his shoulders , said I'm following the directions right, but its off from how the factory set it,,

the factory set it up as if you needed to use 0* as the mark,,, not 26*ATDC

[:'(][:-][&:][8D]ttt