General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help Bad...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 08:34 PM
96opalfrost

Default Need help Bad...

Ok, So i got my 96 mustang about 2 months back. I cant remember correctly but i believe that there was no squeak coming from engaging the clutch. As of recently the squeak has gotten louder. I first thought it was coming from just the pedal itself. But i can hear it outside. It is a squeaking noise when it is depressed at any speed and still there a bit when letting off. The strange thing is when the engine is off i can depress it and there is no noise whatsoever. I am not exactly a car savvy person. ANY help would be much appreciated. The noise is drivng me insane and frankly a little embarassing..[>:]
Old 02-25-2006, 10:45 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Need help Bad...

sounds like the throw out bearing is starting to go bad
Old 02-25-2006, 11:08 PM
96opalfrost

So lets say the throwout bearing is going bad or is bad. What kind of fix is that and if it is something that deserves immediate attention what are the costs involved? (I'm only sixteen and my dad has thrown way too much money into the car)
Old 02-28-2006, 08:13 PM
2VNA
4th Gear Member

You have to pull the transmission out, Do you have an auto shop at school? If so you could learn to do the work. the bearing is cheep but while you have the trans out you might want to change the cluch and PP all that fun stuff, about 200+

Don't hold to my $'s I am just guessing.

good luck, time to work some OT