Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need tips on upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 02:37 PM
caneboy
2nd Gear Member

Default Need tips on upgrades

I have my new 06 lime green mustang sitting at the dealership waiting to go to Roush for a Stage 1 package. Once i get it back i have around $1500 to spend on upgrades. This is my first Mustang and im new to all the upgrades. I need some feedback from all you gear heads on what i should do with my $1500. I was looking at the BBK X-pipe with cats and BBK tuned-length headers with some flowmasters but i dont want the car to be too loud. Other upgrades i was thinking of are steeda underdrive pullies and steeda cold air kit and the Diablosport Predator. What is worth or isnt worth the money or what should i or shouldnt i do? Any help would be great.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:42 PM
EJD05GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Need tips on upgrades

Sounds like you already are getting an upgrade going with the Roush Stage 1 kit. I'm doing that as well but adding the Stage 3 chin spoiler - but not adding the exaust or rear spoiler. After that you could get a cold air intake.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:03 PM
caneboy
2nd Gear Member

well as far as i know the Stage 1 really doesnt have any proformance upgrades just the wheels and ground effects and other stuff that lets you know its a Roush mustang.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:25 PM
talios
1st Gear Member

Ya...it's pretty much just rims and a bodykit.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:33 PM
BlackB-U-TEE_06
2nd Gear Member

that's true....no true performance upgrades there.

i'll agree with the guy above....if you're not going to drop a s/c in there (i assume you're not because you only have 1500 to spend), definitely throw a cold air intake on there. it's probably the best bang for your buck, and you'll have over half your cash left over to spend on something else. i'd suggest a C&L CAI with a SCT2 tuner with a couple of custom tunes. or, if you're driving a manual, i have heard people like the preditor tuner.

good luck!
Old 03-01-2006, 03:56 PM
kopfjager
1st Gear Member

Are you serious??? You mean all that bolt on plastic doesn't make a Roush go any faster. I am dissapointed to say the least!
Old 03-01-2006, 07:33 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

4.10 gears
Old 03-14-2006, 02:28 PM
caneboy
2nd Gear Member

I just ordered a C&L CAI and Predator for my 06 stang......has anyone DL the C&L custom tune from DiabloSport? Just wondering how easy it is to DL and install.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:57 PM
mightyb28
2nd Gear Member

I am a little late on this post, but $1500 is a lot of cash to have. Roush is a big name and will hit you with extra $$$ for the same things stamped with there name that you can get other place.

I would agree with others on a CAI ($80-250) first then a new shifter ($150), and get on that exhaust. That should be the first place you go next to removing that stock shifter. Being able to bang through your gears makes any pony faster. I would check out SLP. Now you got a stang so you want it to sound mean and Bassani is some of the best sounding systems i ever heard but they are $$$$$ but quality all the way. I did a lot of research before picking my system and they were by far the best on price and HP gains. I was hitting about 5-7 more HP with my SLP then my buddies running Flowmasters. But this is just my opinion.

1. Shorty shifter (http://www.stangshifters.com/)
2. Catback with x-pipe (http://www.slponline.com/)
3. CAI

Summit will be a good place to go as they have everything and will match all prices on products.
http://www.summitracing.com/
Old 03-15-2006, 11:33 PM
canes44
1st Gear Member

Its still a Roush

Quick Reply: Need tips on upgrades