Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HELP WITH ROLL CAGE

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 02:46 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Default HELP WITH ROLL CAGE

Hey guys, wanted to start a dedicated roll cage thread cause I need your help and internet skills. Cannot run my car at the tracks anymore without a roll cage and went to a local shop to have one built cause I couldn't find one anywhere pre-made for our cars yet. Anyway, I was quoted a ridiculous $1800 for a custom set-up. My jaw hit the floor - I'm used to buying cages from summit for about 300-400 bucks!!! I don't need a 'custom' set-up but would like to keep the back seats and have swing-outs and/or removables for driver and passenger sides though if possible. I would REALLY appreciate any info and pricing you guys could find for me. [sm=feedback.gif]
Old 03-11-2006, 03:22 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Default RE: HELP WITH ROLL CAGE

With that "hyperdrive" setup you have, I'm surprised you have gone this long without having to put one in. lol. I know some of the tracks around here require a rollcage once you break into the 12's.[:@]
I'll keep a lookout for rollcage setups (i'm CONSTANTLY researchin the web for 05 parts and accessories) and I'll give you a shout if I find something.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:37 PM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

Hey ChevyKiller,

Wow, that sounds obscene. I know Kenny Brown had a roll cage for the new gen, but I think he went under and you would be lucky to find one (I also think they ran in the $600 range).

I don't think it should be much of a problem to have a simple cage like what you're describing--swing outs you can pick up for $50 - $150 depending on how nice you want them to look, and simple hoop and struts do not require rocket-science like fabrication skills.

You know, I have a roll bar set up for classic Mustangs (68-73) sitting in its parts in my garage--I should do a trial/mock-fit of it in the new Mustang to see what would be required to adapt it (i remember in my wife's Audi A4, that damn main hoop fit in it perfect!). If it is a decent fit, then just get that from Summit or whoever, pick up a swing out kit of your liking, and have it installed. Should come in way under what you were quoted.

I'll try to get back to you this coming week.
Best,
-j
Old 03-11-2006, 03:54 PM
ratzila
2nd Gear Member

Check out Jeg's. It lists 4point thru 12 point cages for the 05's
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...tegoryId=19427
Old 03-11-2006, 10:29 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Ping 169stang. He is either about to cage his, or has already done it. You can find him on TMS and the mod ford forum that we cant type the name of here.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:02 PM
bkranz34
1st Gear Member

This may help. Let me know what u think, I am going to install the street roll bar once I make sure its not going to interfere with my convert.

Heres two links, the first is to autopower industries, they have a lot of stuff, but don't have the cages listed for '05 yet, but the second link has the autopower cages for the '05-06....if your interested in seeing everything autopower has go to the first link otherwise just skip to the second one....

http://www.autopowerindustries.com/

http://www.ioportracing.com/Merchant...ory_Code=AP262
Old 03-12-2006, 01:49 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Thanks guys - you rock...[sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 03-12-2006, 05:32 PM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

here are some more, just in case:
http://www.swracecars.com/shopping/s...ts.asp?page=11
Old 03-13-2006, 07:14 AM
bkranz34
1st Gear Member

And some more..... looks like a good company, custom roll bars, fair prices.....
http://web.inetba.com/autoweld/rbc.ivnu
Old 03-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

With that "hyperdrive" setup you have, I'm surprised you have gone this long without having to put one in. lol. I know some of the tracks around here require a rollcage once you break into the 12's.[:@]
I'll keep a lookout for rollcage setups (i'm CONSTANTLY researchin the web for 05 parts and accessories) and I'll give you a shout if I find something.
NHRA says anything 12.99 or better needs a "roll bar" if it is a "convertible". if they enforce that on coupes, that is total BS, and i feel sry for ya

Quick Reply: HELP WITH ROLL CAGE