Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dashboard Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 11:01 PM
kenrsr

Default Dashboard Rattle

On the way home dashboard began to ratttle. Tried to find what was loose, couldn't find anything. Car only has 2100 mile on it. Has anyone else had this problem.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Stroken97
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Dashboard Rattle

I had something similar coming from the right side of the dash early on. Took it in and they said it was a screw near the right pillar. I would have never found it.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:19 PM
derck_mullin

Had 2 rattles. One only happened on sharp edged bumps. This was caused by the A pillar piece on the passenger side not being secure and hitting against the dash. The other is one that is hard to hear, but is almost constant. Seems the throttle assembly has a couple of parts that can make a faint tin can rattle...hope this helps.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:16 AM
05ROUSHER
2nd Gear Member

I also read in one of the threads about the clamp on the passenger air bag.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:34 PM
bcc333
1st Gear Member

Arthur Hailey's Wheels talked about detroit building individual cars for people, they would identify the car by putting a cardboard box w/ name on it on the front of the car at station 1 on the assembly line...removing it at the end of the line.

they did this to a real SOB supervisor that was having one built...and welded an empty nickle coke bottle in the right rear quarter panel where it would freely rattle........i think the guy is going to get over his nervous breakdown in a few months..........
Old 04-07-2006, 11:40 AM
mustseetang

I have the rattle problem too. It started after the frist 1000 miles. and now it a constant noise. I have to keep my radio on. Which sucks since I like to listen to my exhaust. I think I'll try to take my dash apart to find it.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Getaway
2nd Gear Member

I have a rattle coming from the clear plastic cover over the guages. I place my finger on it and it stops.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:53 PM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

You know, someone who has been able to fix all those rattles on the dash should take some good pictures of the fixes and post them up. Get some close up shots so we know where to look. That should solve most of our rattle problems. I know I've seen one picture where someone had arrows pointing to I think to the corners of the dash, I have it at home (printed), but I have no idea on how to fix the rattles on my car yet. They sound like they're either coming from the passenger side or from the middle of the dash!.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:58 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Just out of curiousity, is this something that the warranty wouldn't cover anyway, or are you guys just hoping to find/fix it yourself because of mods you have?
Old 04-12-2006, 09:59 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

I think a lot of us here just like fixing the little stuff ourselves (some actually like fixing everything though!). A rattle isn't something I really want to take my car to the dealer for, but this one is just giving me a hard time 'cause it doesn't rattle when the car is stopped, so I can't figure out exactly where it is. It's always when the car is moving, so I can't be moving around in the car to see which part is causing the rattle, when the car is moving.

Quick Reply: Dashboard Rattle