Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dynatech LT setup >UPDATE<

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 09:06 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Default Dynatech LT setup >UPDATE<

Wow, I placed an order a day and a half ago with Mustang Warehouse in NY for a Dynatech long tube setup with H/F cats, and they are here already! Talk about fast delivery! Plan on installing the setup next tuesday at work where I can put the car on a lift. The kit looks like it is a great quality product. Hope they perform as good as they look![8D]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28178/9C9748A999E5485B870B2F05FB431470.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-10-2006, 05:41 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Dynatech LT setup

Anybody who has done them got any pointers??
Old 06-10-2006, 08:03 PM
silverstang06
2nd Gear Member

well i have them, but you know my story....
Old 06-10-2006, 08:19 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

I will be installing them along with a ford master tech that works for me. I will be certain to get everything tight.[:@] I would ask you about performance gain, but you got 50 miles and then []. How did they sound??
Old 06-10-2006, 09:09 PM
silverstang06
2nd Gear Member

dude, they sounded like i was riding on thunder man, freaking awesome!
Old 06-10-2006, 09:56 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

I can't wait!!!
Old 06-10-2006, 10:23 PM
silverstang06
2nd Gear Member

you'll feel the rumble in your seat

btw, shop called me and will take care ofmy problems.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:37 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

I installed mine myself, it took about 8 hours. I had air tools, but no lift. I used a floor jack and jack stands.

The install is actually quite easy, just time consuming. Dynatech's directions are fantastic.

I only had two "trouble spots".

#1: The bolts that secure the power steering rack to the car are a b1tch to get out. They are loctited from the factory, and there's not enough room to get in there with an impact gun. If you have a really strong air ratchet that might be able to get 'em, but otherwise you're in for some tedious manual wrenching.

#2: One of my Cats had a burr on the "outlet" side. I didn't notice until it was already installed, so I had to pull it back out, deburr it, and then re-install before I could get the X-pipe in place. This wasn't a big deal really, but check your cats beforehand for burrs.

A couple of other tips:

One of the bolts that secures the starter motor is impossible to see, and you'll have to do some feeling around to remove and re-install it. I didn't find it that bad, but I've heard others really complain about this.

Make sure you have a 5mm socket on hand in order to remove the factory exhaust studs.

Make sure you have a 13mm flex-head "gear wrench" in order to remove the exhaust manifold nuts. You could make do with a deep socket, ratchet, and a combination wrench, but the "gear wrench" is a MAJOR time-saver.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:51 PM
silverstang06
2nd Gear Member

"One of the bolts that secures the starter motor is impossible to see, and you'll have to do some feeling around to remove and re-install it. I didn't find it that bad, but I've heard others really complain about this. " - AL

hey AL what does that bolkt look like. i found a 8.8 set bolt under my car, and i'm having problems with the starter.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:56 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Er, it looks like a "regular bolt". It's a hex head. I think it took either a 13mm or 15mm socket. I am not sure which, but it was the same socket size as the other (visible) starter bolts.

"8.8" is a metric bolt grade that represents the rated strength of the bolt. It could be that one, but I'm not really sure.

When I was taking off the starter, two of the bolts were visible from under the car (I was on a creeper). I felt around with my fingers for the third bolt and had little difficulty finding and then removing it.

Quick Reply: Dynatech LT setup >UPDATE<