Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 11:23 PM
SweetGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Problems

ORIGINAL: Phrosty

i found the problem and fixed the problem...the turbo oil return was not clocked in the right position...now I have a bigger problem...I was ******* the car driving and blew my ****ing engine...i think its a piston or a rod or something because the engine runs, but smokes like a mother****er and I also hear a clanking noise...thats why I have a built shortblock on the way, but what a stupid move...I guess thats what I get for pushing around 460 rwhp / 9 psi on an undynoed and not custom tuned car...how ****ing stupid am I!
Not to be a pain or what not but I would like to know what u guys do for a living that would allow u to not only have Forced Induction but buy a built motor...I envy you[]...I have just enough funds for Bolt-on stuff unless i save for a few years.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:54 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

i found the problem and fixed the problem...the turbo oil return was not clocked in the right position...now I have a bigger problem...I was ******* the car driving and blew my ****ing engine...i think its a piston or a rod or something because the engine runs, but smokes like a mother****er and I also hear a clanking noise...thats why I have a built shortblock on the way, but what a stupid move...I guess thats what I get for pushing around 460 rwhp / 9 psi on an undynoed and not custom tuned car...how ****ing stupid am I!
That sucks man, I am sure PowerHouse will be interested in this as well.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:13 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

Does powerhouse provide a canned tune or was this bumble done by a local shop trying to tune the thing? If it was canned and powerhouse claims it is safe with a stock bottom end, I would be on the phone bitching to them.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:21 AM
john panizo

ORIGINAL: SweetGT

Not to be a pain or what not but I would like to know what u guys do for a living that would allow u to not only have Forced Induction but buy a built motor...I envy you[]...I have just enough funds for Bolt-on stuff unless i save for a few years.
work lots of hours doing site work excavation and i have a great boss that pays very well.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:26 AM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: classj

Does powerhouse provide a canned tune or was this bumble done by a local shop trying to tune the thing? If it was canned and powerhouse claims it is safe with a stock bottom end, I would be on the phone bitching to them.
Well he was having issues and beating on the car at the same time, not trying to be mean but instead of waiting he was beating on the car while it had DTC's. PowerHouse's tunes are very safe, the 91 octane tune is safer than the tune I have in my car and I have over 3k miles on mine with the turbo. We don't know all of the specifics of what was going on when it blew so don't jump to conclusions.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Phrosty
1st Gear Member

I had the 93 octane tune cause we don't have 91 down here...but I don't blame powerhouse at all...I shouldn't have been ******* the car when I still had problems, especially when your dealing with that much horse...but I'll have to say it was fun while it lasted, f*cking car hauled ***!!! I'll def take pics of the grenaded engine, my shortblock arrives today and will be installed this weekend so its all gravy! [sm=gears.gif] lol