Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

PLENUM COVER update

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 08:50 PM
scubadog
I ♥ Acer

Default PLENUM COVER update

Greetings,

I just arrived home from Wisconsin where we were dealing with my daughter's bout with TTP. Up until 10 or so years ago it was 100% fatal, but with some recent treatments, the survival rate is 90%.

We almost lost her over the past weekend, but with prayers, chemo, and some heroic efforts of the medical staff she has pulled through and is on the way to what we hope is a recovery.

This is where I have been since my last e-mail and post on the forum. I had no access to my e-mail, so I have been out of touch. I'm sorry if things have not gone as smoothly as we had hoped for this group by, I did the best I could under the circumstances. I didn't plan on Elisabeth getting sick in the middle of it all, and I dealt with the highest priorities, which was not the plenums.

I have been advised by the forum administrator that I’m not to mention the vendor in Wisconsin any more since that are not one of the sponsors, and so the following message has the vendors name changed to “vendor” . Contact me directly, not through a PM, at jrousch@strato.net for the PayPal address of the “vendor”. I suspect with my post being edited and my not knowing it was edited as I was in Wisconsin, many of you have been confused and not been able to contact the “vendor” to check on things.

I appreciate the Forum’s approach, I just didn’t know, and was trying to help everyone out. I won’t do it again.

Here is what I know and what was indicated in my last posts and e-mails and what is going on right now.

1. Send payments directly to “vendor” via PayPal using this PayPal address: (e-mail me for the address)

It worked for me as I sent in $700 that included my order and others who had sent me PayPal payments before we were aware that “vendor” would take PayPal. This covered orders for : Rousch, DeSesto, Wood, Matt Johnsen, Clark, and Bruner.

2. “vendor” was shut down for the week of the 4th of July. So I will not be able to find out what any status of any order is until Monday. They indicated to me since they did call me last week on my cell with a question, that the custom painted ones would take longer and might not go out until after they came back.

I had no way of sharing this info as my computer with the group e-mail list was 1500 miles away from me, and I had no e-mail / computer access as I was at the hospital everyday. I had other things on my mind.

Many of you sent me e-mails about your positive thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate it , and looking at what happened with her quick turn-around, it worked. The doctors still do not know if the treatment really worked, or what happened, TTP is still a mystery. One in three million people come down with it, and it seems each case is a bit different. They don't know the cause, don't have a definite cure, but have some treatments that have shown promise. If you don't catch it early, it game over as it attacks vital organs. It comes on with symptoms of other things, so if you don't have a medical group that is tuned into it, it may progress too far to reverse it. We have been lucky so far.

I share this not for sympathy, but to let you know I was totally focused on my daughter, a young mother with a great husband. We were watching her fade away right in front of us and nothing seemed to work until late this weekend. She is home now, and we thank the Lord.

I'll do what I can to get everyone their plenum covers and get it all straightened out. Just give me a day or two and I can't contact “vendor” until Monday. They seem like nice folks who want to do the right thing.

Thanks for your understanding,

John

Old 07-06-2006, 08:53 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: PLENUM COVER update

Glad to hear everything is going well with your daughter, hope she recovers quickly!