Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

EXHUAST question need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 11:39 PM
shuin
1st Gear Member

Default EXHUAST question need help

Heres the thing I just perchanced a pair of jba titianium long tube headers ...and im in a dilemma...I want to do the entire exhaust system...and I need some advice, okay I know I want to go with an h pipe set up but what is everyones veiws...I, think of the mac prochamber because I read that alll in all it causes better flow and releaves exhaust from backtracking! NOW FOR THE biggest part the exhaust!!!!! it gonna either be corsa or borla! I need everyones input. theres highs and lows about each... corsa is only a axle back leaving the system partially stock, but I love the look and hows theres no drone at high way speed! than there is borla Which is also amazing and its a catback which I want! but at the same time I love the corsa AHHH I hate decisions...please help ...CHEERS
Old 07-09-2006, 12:37 AM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Default RE: EXHUAST question need help

If you have JBA headers then you will probably need an H or X-pipe from JBA designed to go with those headers.

The MAC prochamber is designed to work with the OEM-style exhaust, NOT HEADERS. You can use the prochamber with shorty headers, but not Longtubes. It won't fit without some serious custom fab work. Even then, I'm not sure why you'd want it. The Prochamber sounds gimmicky to me. Stick with a "standard" H-pipe or X-pipe.

As for the rest of the system, you have many options. However I don't think there's any tangible benefit to the cat back. I have the Borla Catback on my car and I did the install myself. The Borla Catback tubes are nearly identical to the OEM tubes. There is one very small crimp in the passenger's side that the Borla Catback eliminates. However, this is a very minor difference and the cost of the catback is simply not worth it. You are paying a couple hundred bucks more than axlebacks for no change in performance. If I was going to do it again, I'd buy just the axlebacks.