Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What the F does this do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 12:06 AM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What the F does this do?

ORIGINAL: FuriousGeorge

If you weren't drooling and dreaming of smoking chevy's while you were taking delivery, you may have noticed your dealer went over this small detail. That would suck if you got in a fender bender and your fuel pump shutoff tripped and then you had no idea why your car wouldn't start and had it towed to the dealer/mechanic.

JK, I was drooling too, but I did catch that part of the overview
Bingo! Yeah, this is my 4th brand new car, and I've bought several used ones from dealers, and the tech guy that did my delivery went over absolutely everything. Even showed me how to change the colors in the "My Color" display. Told me about the fuel pump switch, and pretty much every other button in the car. This was by far the best buying experience I've ever had.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:55 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SlappyGT

If you weren't drooling and dreaming of smoking chevy's while you were taking delivery, you may have noticed your dealer went over this small detail. That would suck if you got in a fender bender and your fuel pump shutoff tripped and then you had no idea why your car wouldn't start and had it towed to the dealer/mechanic.

Bingo! Yeah, this is my 4th brand new car, and I've bought several used ones from dealers, and the tech guy that did my delivery went over absolutely everything. Even showed me how to change the colors in the "My Color" display. Told me about the fuel pump switch, and pretty much every other button in the car. This was by far the best buying experience I've ever had.
I have 2 05 GTs from 2 different dealerrs. Neither one went over this part of the car. The second dealer probably assumed that I knew everything since I had my first one for a couple of months.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:00 PM
kcary
2nd Gear Member

My dealer said here you go and that's about it. He couldn't tell me **** about the car actually, I already knew enough to know I was getting it lol. Hell he didn't even know the difference between torch red and redfire!
Old 07-25-2006, 12:21 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

05blueGT and kcary, I'm sorry to both of you, honestly. As someone who sold cars for a a few years, I hate it when I hear about a poor delivery process. You know the little surveys you get after you buy your car about your "experience" with your dealership? I've never give any 10's. This may be the first (and only time) I give a dealership some 10's on their survey. My brother and mother both bought cars from a different dealership, and I was there for both deliveries. Let me just tell you that they were both complete jokes. Didn't go over anything useful, couldn't answer half the questions I threw at them, and we're total a55es after the sell. I was gonna buy from them, but after that, I went somewhere else.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:11 PM
FuriousGeorge
2nd Gear Member

My salesperson didn't seem to know a damn thing (in fact I was educating the 60 year old lady on some of the features of the car), but the guy who did delivery covered all the bells and whistles quite extensively. I had a pretty good buying experience, hopefully the post-purchase will be as sastisfying.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Leddhedd

All they showed me how to do when I took delivery was use the stereo and put the top up and down. It's a really good dealership, too. They took excellent care of me through the ordering process, and even changed the wheels out when I didn't like them. Good service department as well. Weird that they didn't show me that button. Thanks for pointing it out!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:05 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I've owned my car for nearly a year and I still haven't noticed such a button.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:11 PM
mikefan20
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Menace

I've owned my car for nearly a year and I still haven't noticed such a button.
Year and a half for me and just noticed it while detailing the inside.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:47 AM
CrazyHorse0217
2nd Gear Member

My car stranded me twice within two months. It turned out to be a fuel sending module, but had I known about this I would have at least tried it! Nobody at the dealership even once suggested this.

You would think that when I called the second time for a tow truck, the service guys would have suggested trying this in case someone had bumped me in the parking lot.

Anyway.....as always, you have to do your own homework.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:22 AM
05CLASSIC
2nd Gear Member

Wow!! I'm really embassed. I have had mine for over a very and never noted it. I even sold myself the car. I use to sell Ford's when I ordered it and read all the tech sheets and never saw anything descibing that button. I delivered a few of them without knowing about that feature. Guess that made me a bad sales person!?

PS---I do love this forum, learn something new every day!!!